testtest

The PROFESSOR!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandomHero

Custom
Founding Member
As there are many people that are knowledgeable in firearms, ballistics, and gear. There are many that know very little, know nothing, and lot's that are Ill informed. As in everyday life there are opportunities to teach others in these areas. It doesn't matter what manufacturer's you are a fan of, to someone else less knowledgeable you are an expert in the subject matter. For those of you that have solid concrete facts, experience, data, and product knowledge, the community will be a better safer environment if you take the opportunity to teach what you know to others. Can you? Will you? Teach those around you? Will you be "The PROFESSOR?"

The "+ONE Movement" on Facebook is still going strong: https://www.facebook.com/groups/plusonemovementshooting/about/

And this is something good to think about - that we're all on this same path together, that none of us really know it all, and that many are just waiting for the right person to give them the help or push they need, to better themselves:

^ An excellent article by Greg Ellifritz.

I have a small pond that I call my pool of knowledge. It's decently wide, but it can always be wider - and as I really don't know what I don't know, I can always use someone to help me expand this little pond just a bit more. :)

In certain places, this little pond does get a bit deeper than the shallows that runs along its edges, but I can also always use someone's help to show me how to dive deeper, to drill down deeper.

Two years ago, I learned that I didn't need a pair of handstops on the front of my AR to achieve better recoil control. The year before that, I didn't think that was possible. I was humbled the same year by how my marksmanship fell off when under pressure, and worked to do better.

Just this past year, I learned that it was possible to be sub-second from the draw, concealed, scoring extremely tight shots from retention out to 10 yards. I couldn't even dream that this was be possible, before the instructor worked everyone in the class up to it. The humbler? It was seeing my lack of recoil control in full HD, at 240 fps. Again, I will do better.

None of the realizations of my deficits would have been possible, without the help of those who know more than I do, with more experience than I do. None of the improvements would have been possible without the help of those who were able to teach me how to get there.

I know that in the coming year, I'll experience more of the same. I can only hope that in the coming year, I can also inspire more of the same, too.

Last edited:
The "+ONE Movement" on Facebook is still going strong: https://www.facebook.com/groups/plusonemovementshooting/about/

And this is something good to think about - that we're all on this same path together, that none of us really know it all, and that many are just waiting for the right person to give them the help or push they need, to better themselves:

^ An excellent article by Greg Ellifritz.
Exactly,
Thank you PROFESSOR TSiWRX 👍

^ Definitely not a professor - more like a perpetual student! :)

Although one day I do hope to be able to rock this look:

1579574577949.png

As there are many people that are knowledgeable in firearms, ballistics, and gear. There are many that know very little, know nothing, and lot's that are Ill informed. As in everyday life there are opportunities to teach others in these areas. It doesn't matter what manufacturer's you are a fan of, to someone else less knowledgeable you are an expert in the subject matter. For those of you that have solid concrete facts, experience, data, and product knowledge, the community will be a better safer environment if you take the opportunity to teach what you know to others. Can you? Will you? Teach those around you? Will you be "The PROFESSOR?"
I try to help/inform whenever I can. I really enjoy taking people to the range working through their questions and fears and sometimes developing a new gun owner. Exposure really helps an individual get solid personal information to form an opinion

^ Definitely not a professor - more like a perpetual student! :)

Although one day I do hope to be able to rock this look:

View attachment 701
A student of mine once told me that he wished he just knew what I had forgotten. I told him that I'd like to have it back myself.

My philosophy that I told the students was it's impossible to know all the answers. What is most important is to know where to go get the answers.

Last edited:
I try to help/inform whenever I can. I really enjoy taking people to the range working through their questions and fears and sometimes developing a new gun owner. Exposure really helps an individual get solid personal information to form an opinion
There's great satisfaction seeing the smile on a new shooters face when they have put one in the bullseye!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back