testtest

The Shotgun Belt Reload – Tactical Reloading Techniques

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member
If you’re a fan of shotguns, you realize the low capacity of a tube-fed gun means lots of reloading. If you don’t like shotguns, you gleefully point out their low capacity. Either way, reloading is important.

Many shotgun users rely on some form of side-saddle. However, what happens when the side saddle runs dry? Well, then folks need to be proficient with the shotgun belt reload.

The Shotgun Belt Reload

1647454758591.png

Does anyone here know where you can buy the placards that Velcro on the side of your shotgun and onto your chest rig?

Does anyone here know where you can buy the placards that Velcro on the side of your shotgun and onto your chest rig?
There are cheap ones on Amazon, but the better ones are offered by/available at;

Some may sell the "hook" adhesive side that goes on the receiver, but you can also get that adhesive Velcro at hardware stores. Just make sure you get the right "hook" size that's compatible with the placard "loop".

I fully admit to neglecting my shotgun reloading drills. My home defense setup is a 6+1, with an extra 5 stored on the stock. I limit my capacity further by only leaving 5 shells loaded in the tube when it isn't in use to prevent spring wear. I know that stranger things have happened, but I think it's highly unlikely that I would need more than 10 shells to handle the typical home-defense situation.

My chosen shotgun for a true SHTF situation is my Mossberg 590A1. I'd make it my HD shotgun, but it's not very maneuverable around the house. At the very least, my HD Remington should be able to get me to the Mossberg if everything goes completely sideways.

I fully admit to neglecting my shotgun reloading drills. My home defense setup is a 6+1, with an extra 5 stored on the stock. I limit my capacity further by only leaving 5 shells loaded in the tube when it isn't in use to prevent spring wear. I know that stranger things have happened, but I think it's highly unlikely that I would need more than 10 shells to handle the typical home-defense situation.

My chosen shotgun for a true SHTF situation is my Mossberg 590A1. I'd make it my HD shotgun, but it's not very maneuverable around the house. At the very least, my HD Remington should be able to get me to the Mossberg if everything goes completely sideways.
It is highly unlikely.

By the way it's even more highly unlikely that your mag spring will wear out. I have a 30 plus year old Mossberg 500 that has basically been fully loaded ( 8 in the tube), the entire time and it runs flawlessly nearly every weekend.

Back