testtest

The Worlds First RDP XDMElite

xdman

Self appointed Chief Armorer
Staff member
I finally had a couple minutes to go ahead and cut a notch into my XDME barrel. As soon as I got an RDP Hellcat in my hands, I removed the Muzzle Break and tried it on all my other threaded 1/2 x 28 guns. The break made the 4.5 XDME about the same size as my favorite 5.25 XDM. I love long slides and really the muzzle break on this pistol just made it shoot better. So to make the mod permanent I modified my barrel to cut the notch in for Springfield's muzzle break locking system. I like the way it looks, feels and functions. And as an added benefit my gasses are now vented up, away and slightly ahead of my Surefire X300. I am able to shoot the pistol with the light longer with out all the carbon build up on the glass. Hopefully Springfield will decide they need to make this an option. Oh before you decide to do this mod make damn sure you use a competent gunsmith, and realize that this will void your warranty on the barrel.
2uh39n.jpg

My EDC still fits in my Sindri Tactical holster ready to when ever I need it.

IMG_6085.jpg

IMG_6087.jpg

All SAFETY precautions were taken to get the photo, I did not point it at myself.

IMG_6094.jpg

Remember I said you need a competent gunsmith, you have to notch the barrel to basically the same depth of the threads, plus you have to index the notch. The notch needs to be exactly at the 6 o'clock position or your break will sit crooked on the barrel. I guess you could always say its like an an AK47 slant break......Its supposed to be crooked.

Now what would be cooler than the Fonz, how about a dovetail cut in the muzzle break, extending the sight radius?
IMG_6098.jpg

IMG_6102.jpg

IMG_6108.jpg

IMG_6123.jpg

Last edited:
I finally had a couple minutes to go ahead and cut a notch into my XDME barrel. As soon as I got an RDP Hellcat in my hands, I removed the Muzzle Break and tried it on all my other threaded 1/2 x 28 guns. The break made the 4.5 XDME about the same size as my favorite 5.25 XDM. I love long slides and really the muzzle break on this pistol just made it shoot better. So to make the mod permanent I modified my barrel to cut the notch in for Springfield's muzzle break locking system. I like the way it looks, feels and functions. And as an added benefit my gasses are now vented up, away and slightly ahead of my Surefire X300. I am able to shoot the pistol with the light longer with out all the carbon build up on the glass. Hopefully Springfield will decide they need to make this an option. Oh before you decide to do this mod make damn sure you use a competent gunsmith, and realize that this will void your warranty on the barrel. View attachment 18098

View attachment 18102

View attachment 18103

All SAFETY precautions were taken to get the photo, I did not point it at myself.

View attachment 18104
Looks good xdman, great job!

Oh— @xdman (and anyone else with a weaponlight that they practice with) that has powder residue buildup issues...

Get some of these:

I had them recommended by a buddy, they work great. Just peel it off when it gets too dirty.
I have had that problem.

I finally had a couple minutes to go ahead and cut a notch into my XDME barrel. As soon as I got an RDP Hellcat in my hands, I removed the Muzzle Break and tried it on all my other threaded 1/2 x 28 guns. The break made the 4.5 XDME about the same size as my favorite 5.25 XDM. I love long slides and really the muzzle break on this pistol just made it shoot better. So to make the mod permanent I modified my barrel to cut the notch in for Springfield's muzzle break locking system. I like the way it looks, feels and functions. And as an added benefit my gasses are now vented up, away and slightly ahead of my Surefire X300. I am able to shoot the pistol with the light longer with out all the carbon build up on the glass. Hopefully Springfield will decide they need to make this an option. Oh before you decide to do this mod make damn sure you use a competent gunsmith, and realize that this will void your warranty on the barrel. View attachment 18098

View attachment 18102

View attachment 18103

View attachment 18104
So the barrel came from where? I've been trying to find 1 for the xdm10 precision (5.25"). Bar-sto has threaded for the 4.5" barrel, but not the longer.

Oh— @xdman (and anyone else with a weaponlight that they practice with) that has powder residue buildup issues...

Get some of these:

I had them recommended by a buddy, they work great. Just peel it off when it gets too dirty.
Weapon light condoms……I am more of a raw dogger my self.

Back