testtest

Therapy anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a form of therapy, yes. Just like my motorcycle forum - like-minded folk, sharing stories and opinions and camaraderie. Neither hobby (guns or motorcycles) are considered "normal" by mainstream folk, so it's nice to come to a place where the concepts, hobbies, and people are appreciated and encouraged. "Bikers are all hairy, unclean troublemakers" - I'm cleancut, quiet, and don't drink. "Guns are bad" - well....we won't go there.

So yes, therapeutic. Not AS good as time at the range...or time behind the handlebars...but still good :)

Sorry, it's a PHD in BS!
During my formal instructor days in the Navy, I had a class of Reservists, and a lot of them were professionals (lawyers, corporate types) in their everyday jobs. Some were talking during class about their degrees and education, so I had to pipe-in and add my two cents worth. I told them I have a PhD. It got real quiet, and they looked at me, and one finally asked what the PhD was for, and where it was from. With a straight face I replied........"It's my Post Hole Digger, and I keep it in my shed."

That sort of took the wind out of their sails, and they settled-down for the rest of the course. I still use that "come-back" when "needed". :)

During my formal instructor days in the Navy, I had a class of Reservists, and a lot of them were professionals (lawyers, corporate types) in their everyday jobs. Some were talking during class about their degrees and education, so I had to pipe-in and add my two cents worth. I told them I have a PhD. It got real quiet, and they looked at me, and one finally asked what the PhD was for, and where it was from. With a straight face I replied........"It's my Post Hole Digger, and I keep it in my shed."

That sort of took the wind out of their sails, and they settled-down for the rest of the course. :)
Or a "Pretty Hot Date!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back