testtest

They are not guns

Belt Fed

Hellcat
I am almost big a chainsaw nut as i am a gun nut. bought two new saws today, Stihl MS400c and MS261c. The 400c has a 25 inch bar on it, i also have a 20 and 28 for it, the 261c has an 18 inch bar. i have a 20 for it too.

20230705_154755.jpg

20230705_154810.jpg

20230705_154851.jpg

20230705_154903.jpg

20230705_154952.jpg

very nice

i personally have no use for a great chainsaw such as yours, but if i were to have ever bought one, it would most certainly go great with the protective mask, i bought when we had our first child........and surprisingly, i still own.

308fef63-4a17-419b-8840-215e1ca6fe7f.jpg

Nice.
Your welcome to come over and break them in here. I e got a out 35 acers of Autumn Olive left to cut. 😀
I feel your pain. Autrmn Olive is a terrible, invasive plant. My dad planted the stuff at the house in the mountains over 50 years ago, and I've been fighting it for the last 25. Some call it Russian Olive and some call it Autumn Olive. The birds eat the berries and spread the seeds for miles in every direction. The bushes will take over a field in a couple of years. I would cut it, stack it and burned the piles when the weather allowed. Oh, did I mention the inch long thorns that are difficult to avoid? They are stout enough to puncture a tire. After you get it cut then you have to deal with the new shoots coming up from the stumps. I found that pouring salt on the stumps attacted the deer and they kept chewing the stumps down until the roots died. My fields are small feed patches, but cutting them away from the fenches keeps me busy now. With 35 acres I'd think about renting a bulldozer and pulling them up with the roots! You'll end up spending a lot of time or a lot of money to clear you land of them, but if your neighbors have lots of them you'll never totally get rid of them on your acreage. Good luck! :)

I feel your pain. Autrmn Olive is a terrible, invasive plant. My dad planted the stuff at the house in the mountains over 50 years ago, and I've been fighting it for the last 25. Some call it Russian Olive and some call it Autumn Olive. The birds eat the berries and spread the seeds for miles in every direction. The bushes will take over a field in a couple of years. I would cut it, stack it and burned the piles when the weather allowed. Oh, did I mention the inch long thorns that are difficult to avoid? They are stout enough to puncture a tire. After you get it cut then you have to deal with the new shoots coming up from the stumps. I found that pouring salt on the stumps attacted the deer and they kept chewing the stumps down until the roots died. My fields are small feed patches, but cutting them away from the fenches keeps me busy now. With 35 acres I'd think about renting a bulldozer and pulling them up with the roots! You'll end up spending a lot of time or a lot of money to clear you land of them, but if your neighbors have lots of them you'll never totally get rid of them on your acreage. Good luck! :)
I cut 15 acers early this year running 2 1/2 gallons of fuel and over a gallon of bar oil. After cutting, it's treated with Garlon4 herbicide to kill it.
The biggest one I cut was 16" across.
I'm seriously thinking about renting a skid steer with a forestry mulcher to get the other 35 acers.
Managing 68 acers for big WT bucks is a lot of work. Glad I am now retired.

Belt Fed, you got good taste.
I was a mechanic for my city for 25 years until I retired. I was the equipment guy. I worked on everything from weed eaters to earth movers. Stihl is the best. They hold up better, are easier to work on and parts are more readily available than any other brand. My own small engine stuff is all Stihl. (y)

Talyn: Husqvarna makes darn good stuff. But they're a pain to work on and we always had trouble getting parts for them here. :rolleyes:

Talyn: Husqvarna makes darn good stuff. But they're a pain to work on and we always had trouble getting parts for them here.
I decided to purchase a "quality" self propelled mower back in 2014 to replace all the Lawn King Walmart specials that were lasting a season maybe 2 and piling up in my garage. I went to Lowes and settled on a Husqvarna. They had 2 with same features but one cost $100 more, when I asked why it was because it has a Honda motor. I bought it and it was advertised as 1 pull to start. It still starts with just 1 pull even after setting all winter. Only ever changed the oil and air filter.

Back