testtest

They are not guns

I'm talking about a felling axe not a splitting maul. Two different tools for very different jobs
I was gifted an Ochsenkopf axe by a lumberjack for helping his mother out during and after a blizzard in New York State in 1977. Now that was an axe! After having it for over 20 years I had that and 2 chainsaws locked in my pickup after clearing a lot and a thief smashed out the back window of my truck cap and stole them all. Never knew the value of the axe, just that it was the best axe I ever used. A few years later I decided to replace it. Saw the price of a new one and went WHOA. Didn't use an axe enough to justify that price...

I was gifted an Ochsenkopf axe by a lumberjack for helping his mother out during and after a blizzard in New York State in 1977. Now that was an axe! After having it for over 20 years I had that and 2 chainsaws locked in my pickup after clearing a lot and a thief smashed out the back window of my truck cap and stole them all. Never knew the value of the axe, just that it was the best axe I ever used. A few years later I decided to replace it. Saw the price of a new one and went WHOA. Didn't use an axe enough to justify that price...
Yeah, they make great axes ( and other tools) but unless you use them for a living it's hard to justify the price. My neighbor was a logger and he didn't spend that kind of money on an axe.

I know you guys are tired of my stupid wood cutting post. and probably any of my post. :ROFLMAO: but..

This is an Oregon tree felling lever, got this thing at a really good price. they are 185 bucks on amazon. guess this was a return. it said used like new and i got it for 50 bucks. i figured paint would be missin but this thing is brand new. the original package was trashed but i threw that away anyway.

Also can also be used as a can’t hook, it’s 51 inches long and weighs 20 pounds or more. now i didn’t buy it to fell trees with, although i may try some small ones with it. but got it for a whole different purpose. but wasn’t going to pay 185 for one.

Attachments

• 20230825_175254.jpg
    20230825_175254.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 42
  • 20230825_175314.jpg
    20230825_175314.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 43
  • 20230825_175331.jpg
    20230825_175331.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 44
I know you guys are tired of my stupid wood cutting post. and probably any of my post. :ROFLMAO: but..

This is an Oregon tree felling lever, got this thing at a really good price. they are 185 bucks on amazon. guess this was a return. it said used like new and i got it for 50 bucks. i figured paint would be missin but this thing is brand new. the original package was trashed but i threw that away anyway.

Also can also be used as a can’t hook, it’s 51 inches long and weighs 20 pounds or more. now i didn’t buy it to fell trees with, although i may try some small ones with it. but got it for a whole different purpose. but wasn’t going to pay 185 for one.
That is a neat tool. I used to have an old can't hook but I can see all kinds of uses for this. Sounds like you got a real buy on it. Congrats.

Not at all. I'm an axe junkie. Picked this fella up yesterday for $25 which is a frickin steal.

Attachments

• IMG_20230827_170501279.jpg
    IMG_20230827_170501279.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_20230827_170441942.jpg
    IMG_20230827_170441942.jpg
    363.7 KB · Views: 46
Back