testtest

Thief Caught in the Act.

Oaktree45

Master Class
This guy is one of the reasons I have to refill my bird feeder every morning. He's not the only one stealing my bird seed, but he is the most impressive.

Buck1.JPG

He looks beautiful alive, very majestic.
now remember, many hunters on this website.....

and hunters remember.....many kids waiting for Santa's sled to arrive to deliver those toys.....

as it is, there are many shortages, from items on the shelves, to truckers, to Santa's helpers....

one less buck, can put a strain on the others, hauling that fatboy's ass around all night long, and really muck up Christmas for the kids, should you "sight" that deer.......

Well, when I watched Elf, Santa had a rocket pack installed under the sleigh.
So, with one less deer, Santa will do ok

and hunters remember.....many kids waiting for Santa's sled to arrive to deliver those toys.....

as it is, there are many shortages, from items on the shelves, to truckers, to Santa's helpers....

one less buck, can put a strain on the others, hauling that fatboy's ass around all night long, and really muck up Christmas for the kids, should you "sight" that deer.......

I have nothing against hunters and hunting but it’s not for me.
My ex-wife and I started our wildlife rescue service 35 years ago, she handled the 4 legged side and took the winged wildlife.
The day we got a call from a police officer friend about a car versus deer we rushed out as we were informed that the deer was still alive, when we showed up the deer was dead, what was alive was the fawn still inside her. Together with the help of the officer we cut open the mother and pulled that beautiful baby to a new world. That experience changed my life forever. To me every deer I see reminds me of saving that baby.

My ex-wife and I started our wildlife rescue service 35 years ago, she handled the 4 legged side and took the winged wildlife.
The day we got a call from a police officer friend about a car versus deer we rushed out as we were informed that the deer was still alive, when we showed up the deer was dead, what was alive was the fawn still inside her. Together with the help of the officer we cut open the mother and pulled that beautiful baby to a new world. That experience changed my life forever. To me every deer I see reminds me of saving that baby.
(y)(y)

B86D9E3F-CDD9-4347-B1EA-417E9C97EA9A.jpeg
Don’t worry I took care of him. I hit this guy over the weekend. Now I need a new alignment, my driver door repainted and the dent repaired. He was a beautiful buck, unfortunately I could not do anything with it. Another car pulled up and said they could use the meat, so it went yo good use.

I live in the middle of a subdivision with houses that have relatively small yards so for deer to come into my backyard they are either jumping quite a few fences or walking the subdivision streets to get to my yard and only jumping my fence. Normally they come in between the hours of 1 AM to 3 AM. That buck was bold and came in at 9:15 PM.
I bought a cheap trail cam ($36 on sale) to satisfy my curiosity about what was eating all my bird seed. I was surprised how well the trail cam worked considering its price point. Here's another picture from the trail cam that was taken on November 1st. It's momma with her two fawns, one of which is a button buck.

Deer.JPG

I live in the middle of a subdivision with houses that have relatively small yards so for deer to come into my backyard they are either jumping quite a few fences or walking the subdivision streets to get to my yard and only jumping my fence. Normally they come in between the hours of 1 AM to 3 AM. That buck was bold and came in at 9:15 PM.
I bought a cheap trail cam ($36 on sale) to satisfy my curiosity about what was eating all my bird seed. I was surprised how well the trail cam worked considering its price point. Here's another picture from the trail cam that was taken on November 1st. It's momma with her two fawns, one of which is a button buck.

View attachment 21990
Beautiful animals.

hunting is not for me either....(but i fully support those that do, as long as they take the kill home with them , and not just kill for the fun of it, or wound an animal and leave. )

a brisk walk into the woods, is ok for me, then back out again.

i'm skeered of the bogyman in the woods....

Sooo what happened to the Bambi?
We took care of the baby for a week and then found a rehabilitation center for deer that had over two dozen fawn’s about the same size. We visited a few times but as the babies grew up the center started limiting interaction so the deer could get ready for release.

I do not have trouble with thieves but have had problems with Tresspassers. Here is a pic of the culprit. I am afraid he will try breaking into my hunting blind. I will probably have to invoke the Castle Doctrine. and use lethal force if he tries to break in next week if I am in my blind.😉

Attachments

• 1636509312122_0_spypoint~2.jpg
    1636509312122_0_spypoint~2.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
Back