testtest

This Is Very Hard For Me To Write

As I write this I’m having a hard time with my emotions, I have shared on the forum a couple times about my family today I’m sharing something I’m struggling putting into words.
My ex-wife (Karen) and I have two boys together, one (Will) is an adopted foster child the other is our biological son (Ty)
Yesterday I received a call from Karen that Ty was in the hospital, it was explained to me that he had left work earlier in the day called his brother Will, told him he loved him and told him good bye and hung up. Multiple return calls from Will went unanswered. Will then called Karen which led to more multiple unanswered phone calls. Karen who works as an ACO for the town of Portland Connecticut police department called her commander and explained the situation and told him she was leaving for the day. The commander immediately offered to have Ty’s phone pinged to see if he could be located, following that action multiple law enforcement agencies became involved and he was found by the
Old Saybrook police department standing on a bridge overlooking where the Connecticut river empties into Long Island Sound. Following a brief conversation with law enforcement and my son it was determined that he was not in a good state of mind and was transported to a local hospital for evaluation. I refuse to say the word but according to the responding officer that found Ty he believes he was going to end his life yesterday. Karen and I have known that Ty suffers from a very low self esteem which I will admit to struggling with that same issue most of my life, the difference would be today’s kids and young adults have this terrible social media platform that does nothing to help. I know law enforcement in Connecticut won’t see this but I want to extend my gratitude to all the agencies that went into action yesterday and very likely prevented a tragedy. My son is alive today due to their swift action. To all my forum friends I’m not one to ask anything from others but please keep my son and my family in your thoughts and prayers.
2D394B45-32E8-4F2A-8112-1B85B38BC413.jpeg

As I write this I’m having a hard time with my emotions, I have shared on the forum a couple times about my family today I’m sharing something I’m struggling putting into words.
My ex-wife (Karen) and I have two boys together, one (Will) is an adopted foster child the other is our biological son (Ty)
Yesterday I received a call from Karen that Ty was in the hospital, it was explained to me that he had left work earlier in the day called his brother Will, told him he loved him and told him good bye and hung up. Multiple return calls from Will went unanswered. Will then called Karen which led to more multiple unanswered phone calls. Karen who works as an ACO for the town of Portland Connecticut police department called her commander and explained the situation and told him she was leaving for the day. The commander immediately offered to have Ty’s phone pinged to see if he could be located, following that action multiple law enforcement agencies became involved and he was found by the
Old Saybrook police department standing on a bridge overlooking where the Connecticut river empties into Long Island Sound. Following a brief conversation with law enforcement and my son it was determined that he was not in a good state of mind and was transported to a local hospital for evaluation. I refuse to say the word but according to the responding officer that found Ty he believes he was going to end his life yesterday. Karen and I have known that Ty suffers from a very low self esteem which I will admit to struggling with that same issue most of my life, the difference would be today’s kids and young adults have this terrible social media platform that does nothing to help. I know law enforcement in Connecticut won’t see this but I want to extend my gratitude to all the agencies that went into action yesterday and very likely prevented a tragedy. My son is alive today due to their swift action. To all my forum friends I’m not one to ask anything from others but please keep my son and my family in your thoughts and prayers.
View attachment 21146
That's a heart rending story, Keystone. I'll definitely keep him and you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

I've seen kids from this small town with similar issues and I just talk with them. Some get bullied (not by me) and I talk with them about life, school and beyond school. It doesn't matter if I'm in a hurry, I sit and talk with them. Most will not talk with their family about how they feel. Some have lost a brother at a young age and are their best friend. I, myself lost my brother when he was 15 and I (12). When you start getting 1 word answers you need too dig deeper. Hope everything will turn out ok!

So Sorry for your son and your whole family. My prayers will be with you in this time of need. I pray this will be the turning point your son needed to get help .
Stay strong and know that we here have your back . We are family also.

I’m so sorry to hear about this Keystone, my thoughts and prayers🙏 are with you and your family. These are stressful times especially for those younger and on social media (which I agree, that most times isn’t very helpful). Being locked down, I’ve noticed similar events with younger people around my area. One young man around me, was standing on a bridge over a highway threatening to jump, he then decided to point a pellet gun at the State Police, which was forced to shoot and kill him thinking it was a legitimate firearm.
I’m wishing you and yours good luck for a happy outcome & hope your son get the help he needs, whatever that entails.

Wishing you and your family all the best as you work through this. I am the father of a teenage son and the struggles that these boys go through are real and frightening. My son has also struggled with his place in this world and we have had moments of fear and frustration as we try to navigate the right path with him. I pray that things work out for Ty and your family.

Back