testtest

This Is Why Your CCW Won’t Save You

I don’t really have anything to say bad about the article, other than I don’t think I would personally gain anything by training for physical violence with Assad. I reckon he could teach me some gun stuff, but…..

Also it’s not at all uncommon for law abiding citizens to be comfortable with violence, I assure you. It’s a violent world and always has been. Leave it to Beaver was just a TV show.

I don’t really have anything to say bad about the article, other than I don’t think I would personally gain anything by training for physical violence with Assad. I reckon he could teach me some gun stuff, but…..

Also it’s not at all uncommon for law abiding citizens to be comfortable with violence, I assure you. It’s a violent world and always has been. Leave it to Beaver was just a TV show.
My point is, it was written as an experience being a PO if I recall. One, I am not likely to be in a shite hole at 3am and if I have to throw down, nothing is off the table. The police have some limits, especially when it comes to mayhem. I don't if my life is on the line.

I can't believe this company too has gone woke. A touching article about two muscular male "partners" wrestling with a drug addict. Go "debrief" and have a Bud Light.
At first, I thought it was "partners" in that way too until I realized he was talking about his fellow officer. At least, that's what I understood it to be after reading the article. Maybe I'm wong.

"I’ve found that hesitation to fight for one’s safety often comes from a misunderstanding of the law and how it applies in the real world." Yeah, he's right about that! I've seen too many videos on YT of cops showing up and arresting the legally-carrying law-abiding citizen! (with extreme prejudice!) If I ever find myself in that position of having to defend myself, I'm of the mindset that I might as well turn the gun on myself afterward cause I don't want to go to jail for self-defense. OR I guess I can take Ayoob's class and live to see another day perhaps.

About as close as I've ever come to this was the afternoon a (ahem) gentleman jumped me (after my then-wife and another female friend had been running their mouths at this car outside a local pub). Thankfully, it wasn't a dark alley and no weapons were involved. My former wife (may she rest in peace) did yell when the driver was almost upon me (with my back turned), but I knew he was coming. I'm no John Wick - and fortunately, neither was he. The adrenaline dump gave me what I needed to slip under his initial attack and put him face down in the parking lot. The violence in my physical and verbal responses took him aback. He could see death in my eyes and wisely decided to leave the area.

I don't say this to brag, but my success was solely down to the immediate switch from enjoying my day to unleashing mayhem on my assailant. My takeaway from the article is this point. As defenders, we have to 1) Be aware of our surroundings 2) Be prepared for a variety of scenarios (before they happen) and 3) Have the mindset that allows an instant transition to violence. The event above happened about 40 years ago and today, my active defense tools include firearms.

So, yes, there is a critical mindset issue here we all need to consider. Being able to handle an assailant in my (relative) youth is wholly different than the same or similar scenarios when firearms are introduced into the mix. These days, my lower back arthritis dissuades me from getting involved in a physical fight, so if someone's coming for me today, their ability to "leave the area" may be hindered by the tools I have at my disposal.

As an aside, although I do train with my EDC and other firearms (although not as often as I would like), I believe the mental training is the most important. Am I ready to pull that trigger in defense of myself and others? I'm thankful I've never had the occasion to answer that question, and can only hope I have adequately prepared myself to do so should the situation arise.

An interesting read: On Killing by Lt. Col. Dave Grossman

Ayoob has some nice videos. I watch him on YT.

I don't go out much anymore. When I do, I'm very cautious / paranoid. I grew up in L.A., lived there for 35 years as well as NYC part time...so always somewhat on guard.

Was at Tractor Supply last week looking at fruit trees in the parking lot. All of a sudden, a lady worker comes out and starts yelling at the car driving off to stop and tells them to get out of the car. After about 10 seconds of that I figured I better head on out as I was right in the path of the car. I walked behind a jeep in the lot for cover. 2 more workers came out and blocked the car.

The lady told them to open the door and put the merchandise outside and they can drive off. Eventually they did that as the workers photographed their license plate. If it was clan 13, I'd be shot or run over along with the workers. Luckily it was just a couple of hillbillys.

I live semi-rural. Werewolf preppers are one of my biggest concerns. Around me my neighbors are a few older families. No problems or worries about them. But...they may die off, and their freaky kids / relatives would come in to take their homes and could be after me as soon as I poke my head outside.

The houses we live in are not conducive to defense. They could set up people surrounding the house to take the person out as soon as they show themselves to defend their home.

It may or may not be that bad. But do the Ukrainians talk much about werewolf preppers other than invading Russians? America is a totally different Magilla. We are a violent country and werewolf preppers and zombies are a real threat.

Right now, we are in a Mad Max world. In a collapse / implosion we will be in a Book of Eli world. In America our biggest enemy will be other Americans. If you saw a group of marauders suddenly take over one of your neighbor's homes, then another. Will you go to war with them on sight? Or will you wait to have your house come up next on their hit list to raid?

That is what it could be like. You could wake up one morning and suddenly find you have new neighbors. You go to introduce yourself to them and that is it for you. Americans are not set up for that type of life, at least not law-abiding Americans.

Was it like that in the depression?

Wild West? (Well, maybe with Indians.)

Sodbuster days?

Back then people were used to living rough and surviving without killing all their neighbors to steal their food.

how dare you.jpg

Well, half of the battle was getting out of behind enemy lines. Hope to never have to go back.

But no matter where you live...you are only as safe as your last election.

This is a hard topic to get right. I know what the author is trying to say and it's really hard to communicate correctly.

On TV if you point a gun at somebody they're intimidated and they back down, in the real world they look you right in the eye and say "Shoot me Motherf****r! Shoot Me!"

I worked as a Security Guard for 15 years and one of the first lessons that I learned is the fact that you're armed doesn't intimidate these people in the least.

And I think that's what the author was trying to convey.

Like I said I wasn't a cop I was a security guard, I wasn't going looking for criminals. I didn't have any duty to arrest people. I didn't have any duty to respond. All I really did was check the physical security of the buildings on my site and run trespassers off. But even with those parameters I found myself in my share of trouble.

(I got in trouble because I posted this on Facebook and that's how my wife found out about it) I got to work one night and I wasn't there 10 minutes and my coworker left and I went to close the gate behind him and some crackhead pulled a knife on me. The guy knew I was armed. He didn't care. Now in this particular case I looked at the guy and I looked at the knife and I said "Hey that's a cool knife. Can I see that?" and the dumbass handed it to me.

I'm not sure how to say what I'm trying to say but if you ever have to pull your gun in self-defense you had better be ready to fight. You had better have already made the decision that you are going to fight this guy.

The difference between you and the bad guy is he's not worried about whether or not this is a lawful use of force. He doesn't care about whether or not he's brandishing and most of the time he knows you are.

I was on my way to work one night and two guys tried to rob me period I was right out in front of my house when it happened but the main point of this story is that I remember that being backed up against my car with my hand on my gun and thinking to myself "Oh my god am I going to lose my job if I draw?" "Are the police going to think that this was justified when I call them or are they going to put me in jail?" "Am I going to lose my job over this?" The two guys that were trying to rob me had no such concerns.

And whenever I tell this story I stress this part the fact that I had a gun did not intimidate them in the least. All it did was make them decide that I wasn't worth the trouble. I don't know if they thought I was just scared enough to be stupid or what but they walked away from me. They didn't even walk fast. When they were 10 or 15 ft away from me one of them turned around he was laughing at me and he told me to screw (spelled with a capital F)off and then they laughed some more and they walked away.

The other thing is on TV they show you everything being set up they show you the bad guy getting ready and the hero walking into the Ambush and everything takes time and everything has space to it and it's all for dramatic effect. In the real world it happens like this.

The guy hit you in the back of the head with no warning and while you're laying there trying to get your head together he steals your iPhone and your wallet and he walks away

So final point in this book that I wrote is if you ever have to defend yourself for real from a criminal you had better be ready to really fight.

Last edited:
I can't believe this company too has gone woke. A touching article about two muscular male "partners" wrestling with a drug addict. Go "debrief" and have a Bud Light.
At first, I thought it was "partners" in that way too until I realized he was talking about his fellow officer. At least, that's what I understood it to be after reading the article. Maybe I'm wong.
Bill, I stand corrected. So used to being force-fed propaganda, I was initially disgusted and didn't want to continue reading it. Now that you've pointed this out, I believe you are correct. In my defense, I will say I would not have reacted if the writer had identified himself as LE in the first place. :D

My point is, it was written as an experience being a PO if I recall. One, I am not likely to be in a shite hole at 3am and if I have to throw down, nothing is off the table. The police have some limits, especially when it comes to mayhem. I don't if my life is on the line.
I wasn't referring to you brother. Just my thoughts on the article.

About as close as I've ever come to this was the afternoon a (ahem) gentleman jumped me (after my then-wife and another female friend had been running their mouths at this car outside a local pub). Thankfully, it wasn't a dark alley and no weapons were involved. My former wife (may she rest in peace) did yell when the driver was almost upon me (with my back turned), but I knew he was coming. I'm no John Wick - and fortunately, neither was he. The adrenaline dump gave me what I needed to slip under his initial attack and put him face down in the parking lot. The violence in my physical and verbal responses took him aback. He could see death in my eyes and wisely decided to leave the area.

I don't say this to brag, but my success was solely down to the immediate switch from enjoying my day to unleashing mayhem on my assailant. My takeaway from the article is this point. As defenders, we have to 1) Be aware of our surroundings 2) Be prepared for a variety of scenarios (before they happen) and 3) Have the mindset that allows an instant transition to violence. The event above happened about 40 years ago and today, my active defense tools include firearms.

So, yes, there is a critical mindset issue here we all need to consider. Being able to handle an assailant in my (relative) youth is wholly different than the same or similar scenarios when firearms are introduced into the mix. These days, my lower back arthritis dissuades me from getting involved in a physical fight, so if someone's coming for me today, their ability to "leave the area" may be hindered by the tools I have at my disposal.

As an aside, although I do train with my EDC and other firearms (although not as often as I would like), I believe the mental training is the most important. Am I ready to pull that trigger in defense of myself and others? I'm thankful I've never had the occasion to answer that question, and can only hope I have adequately prepared myself to do so should the situation arise.

An interesting read: On Killing by Lt. Col. Dave Grossman
I make a point not to talk about any of these kinds of situations I have been in. And there are too many of them to count and remember.

I’d rather kick someones knee backwards, gouge them in the eye, walk away or shoot them
I’m prepared for all 4. May have to do the first 3.
Only the situation as the situation unfolds will dictate that.
Everyone reacts different in the moment.
Some folks flee
Some folks fight
Some folks want to take on the whole damn bar .. at once

One finds out when it happens

I’d rather kick someones knee backwards, gouge them in the eye, walk away or shoot them
I’m prepared for all 4. May have to do the first 3.
Only the situation as the situation unfolds will dictate that.
Everyone reacts different in the moment.
Some folks flee
Some folks fight
Some folks want to take on the whole damn bar .. at once

One finds out when it happens
Helpful to remember you can snap a knee from the side too. For instance when side stepping a thrown punch. Not many will see that coming.

Back