testtest

This Old Gun: Colt Anaconda

One for the Colt fans.....Colt Anaconda

Good post Anni. I have an 6" Anaconda, production date 1997. I'm thinking this will be the next revolver Colt reintroduces, possibly (if Covid-19 didn't cause a delay), at the 2021 Shot Show. The Colt representative while talking about the Python at the 2020 Shot Show, hinted the next progression would be to continue into Large Frame revolvers "wink, wink". So it's a good chance it will be reintroduced soon.
My Colt Anaconda:

IMG_0153.JPG

Good post Anni. I have an 6" Anaconda, production date 1997. I'm thinking this will be the next revolver Colt reintroduces, possibly (if Covid-19 didn't cause a delay), at the 2021 Shot Show. The Colt representative while talking about the Python at the 2020 Shot Show, hinted the next progression would be to continue into Large Frame revolvers "wink, wink". So it's a good chance it will be reintroduced soon.
My Colt Anaconda:

View attachment 10188
I hope you are right about that. I would love to have one again.

Something about a massive revolver I think instills more fear on others than a semi auto. Dirty Harry effect or shear size of the gun.

fire a semi auto pistol or even a unique rifle at the range never shows the mass oohs & ahhs and intrigue like a big .357 or .44

I hope you are right about that. I would love to have one again.
Me too Imgunner13. I have both the Python 4” 1972 BOD, and the 6” Anaconda. I’d like to get a new Python in 6” & a new Anaconda if they are reintroduced (8” if they make one like the old ones).

@Imgunner13, here's the Colt Rep video, at 2020 Shot Show that I spoke about in my previous reply. The video runs about 20 minutes, and it's at the 10:30 mark that they start to talk about the potential for the large frame 44 Mag Anaconda and a Blued Python (first part of video discusses the new Python).

"Gun Talk media, Day 2, talk with the Colt Rep about the Python (not about any reports of problems however). Interestingly, Colt hinted next progressions would be Blued version of the Python, and continue on to larger framed revolvers (can you say Anaconda). Not any promises (I'm saying next year 2021 Shot Show for Anaconda, just my guess). Run time of this video, about 20 minutes".

I posted this (and more) during this past year's Shot Show, in my 2020 Shot Show thread post:

Never did have an Anaconda, but do have a really pristine (never fired since purchased in 1982) Python in original box with all original papers. And also have 2 Trooper MK III's. I love them both. The 44 mag was always a little more than I wanted to shoot often. I'm small framed with small hands and wrists, and those 44's just beat me up too bad. I do love me some 357 mag's though.

My Colt Anaconda:

View attachment 10188
I had the same revolver except it was in .45LC, my uncle wanted it so I let it go.

Back