testtest

Thoughts on 25 acp???

I've become more curious about the 25 acp recently because I can still find ammo in stores and even order it online through several of the big box chains. Paul Harrell did a good video on 25 acp a few years back. In this market, if I could find a 25 acp from a reputable company I would be tempted to purchase it. The only one's I've seen are from Phoenix Arms, and the designs don't really appeal to me.

If you are serious about buying a .25ACP, the absolute top choice is a Seecamp. I can't even guess how many undercover LEOs and Federal Agents carried these guns as backups. At one time the guns were only sold to sworn law enforcement and the wait time was 6 months or more. http://www.seecamp.com/products.htm Seecamp website also has a forum.

My second choice would be a baby Browning but they will be used, expensive and hard to find. This is what I carried for a small gun before the Seecamp.

My third choice, mostly because of its somewhat larger size, would be the Beretta which Beretta apparently no longer makes. It does make a better range gun because it is larger and has sights.

I own all three so I have some idea of what I am writing.

I shot one many years ago didn't like it. A loaded 25 acp is better than a empty 9mm. Good point Wirenut. I was looking at co2 pistols last weekend thinking that I could practice with them cheaper and easier to get ammo for.
I bought a bb gun for practice
If you are serious about buying a .25ACP, the absolute top choice is a Seecamp. I can't even guess how many undercover LEOs and Federal Agents carried these guns as backups. At one time the guns were only sold to sworn law enforcement and the wait time was 6 months or more. http://www.seecamp.com/products.htm Seecamp website also has a forum.

My second choice would be a baby Browning but they will be used, expensive and hard to find. This is what I carried for a small gun before the Seecamp.

My third choice, mostly because of its somewhat larger size, would be the Beretta which Beretta apparently no longer makes. It does make a better range gun because it is larger and has sights.

I own all three so I have some idea of what I am writing.
Thank you ive actually seen a baby browning in a pawn shop locally its kinda what got me wondering about 25acp the only reason I have never bought one is because I have been told the round is worthless and has zero penetration some have even told me that they are about as good as having a cap gun...

I’d take a Colt 1908, personally...I used to carry my 1917 vintage model when I needed to go truly covert, and it never failed with decent ammo...I preferred S&B FMJ, ran a touch hotter than domestic loads.

I wouldn’t bother with JHP's in a .25...if they expand, you won’t get enough penetration.

I have never owned nor shot a .25 ACP. Years ago a friend told about an incident he witnessed in a bar. A big burly guy and a little guy got into an argument. The little guy pulled a .25 ACP and shot the big guy. The big guy beat the little guy to a pulp and then walked to the ambulance when it arrived. I have had no interest in a .25 ACP since then. :)

Back