testtest

Thoughts? The Chinese Gun Lovers of Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was station on Taiwan. Great place at the time. Wonderful people.
The fact that the Mainland Chinese don't have firearms is why they are ridden over by
tyrants that starve them to death by the millions.
We here can see at this time in our history how important the armed citizens
have become.

I suspect the guy I know is living off his parents wealth.

Either that or he's struck it rich in some other way. He seems very adamant about the fact that he "chose" this lifestyle, which, it's true, in the traditional Asian outlook, it's not something that's glorified, versus what we in the west think of in terms of personal autonomy and freedom.

Being a rancher - no matter how big your ranch - isn't something that traditional Asians of even modern generations are taught to aspire to.

-----

The fact that the Mainland Chinese don't have firearms is why they are ridden over by tyrants that starve them to death by the millions.

The Asian (*_NOT_* to be confused with Asian-American) mindset is vastly different from that of Americans, where it comes to firearms.

Few of even the most freedom-loving would even remotely consider a civil uprising that incorporated the use of firearms.

And even with how things got in Hong Kong, it's important to understand that the free-citizen initiated property destruction (and the rare incidences of violence) we saw through the lens of western media was actually strictly directed towards either actual of perceived Mainland institutions and influences.

Western media coverage of the desecration of government buildings, for example, often neglected to also show that the protesters specifically made signage over items which are considered national/historical treasures, and that these items were carefully preserved (and signage was even erected by protestors to ask those participating to please leave money for the drinks and snacks they are taking, as "we are not thieves" - you can see this in the LegCo incident, on July 1, 2019 - https://www.amazon.com/Rebellion-Frontlines-Hong-Kongs-Uprising/dp/B07XGMZLK1 - time-point 15:40 through 16:10), that the destruction was very much targeted only at items signifying Chinese rule over the HK.

Few of my Chinese and even Chinese-American relatives understand what I say when I tell them that the government should be afraid of the free people it governs and serves, not the other way around.

I'm not saying that I don't agree with you SMSgtRod. I absolutely agree.

It's just that there's also this complication. ;)

Either that or he's struck it rich in some other way. He seems very adamant about the fact that he "chose" this lifestyle, which, it's true, in the traditional Asian outlook, it's not something that's glorified, versus what we in the west think of in terms of personal autonomy and freedom.

Being a rancher - no matter how big your ranch - isn't something that traditional Asians of even modern generations are taught to aspire to.

-----

The Asian (*_NOT_* to be confused with Asian-American) mindset is vastly different from that of Americans, where it comes to firearms.

Few of even the most freedom-loving would even remotely consider a civil uprising that incorporated the use of firearms.

And even with how things got in Hong Kong, it's important to understand that the free-citizen initiated property destruction (and the rare incidences of violence) we saw through the lens of western media was actually strictly directed towards either actual of perceived Mainland institutions and influences.

Western media coverage of the desecration of government buildings, for example, often neglected to also show that the protesters specifically made signage over items which are considered national/historical treasures, and that these items were carefully preserved (and signage was even erected by protestors to ask those participating to please leave money for the drinks and snacks they are taking, as "we are not thieves" - you can see this in the LegCo incident, on July 1, 2019 - https://www.amazon.com/Rebellion-Frontlines-Hong-Kongs-Uprising/dp/B07XGMZLK1 - time-point 15:40 through 16:10), that the destruction was very much targeted only at items signifying Chinese rule over the HK.

Few of my Chinese and even Chinese-American relatives understand what I say when I tell them that the government should be afraid of the free people it governs and serves, not the other way around.

I'm not saying that I don't agree with you SMSgtRod. I absolutely agree.

It's just that there's also this complication. ;)
It unfortunately is determined by how you were educated and the invironment
you were raised in. Now I see free people willing to be enslaved and I can see
how we have allowed the educational system to become so polluted that children
now don't understand the value of freedom.
Enjoyed my time on Taiwan. Got to meet and spend time with the everyday folks
and it was a wonderful experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back