testtest

Time for a discussion on performance enhancers

I wore out both hips before I turned 45, now I have forty thousand dollars in titanium that goes everywhere I go.

I was never a PT stud when I was on active duty, but I knew guys centered thier lives around it. And even in their 20s were beginning to have problems.

Just being alive has its consequences, moderation is a good thing.
 
Im all for it. We need better gladiators, just have to keep them caged until the next match. If they are crowd pleasers, maybe toss in a few hookers. IF they die young, so be it, as long as they please the crowds. I just dont want them in public
 
I blew up my knees running, one replacement done, don't think I will do the other
I never understood runners. I had a buddy in the Army that was a 4 minute miler; and another that was a distinguished shooter and Presidents 100. I always figured if I had a gun, I didnt have to run

Hahaha it didnt stop me from Fing Up my knees from a couple bad PLFs
 
Besides what I mentioned earlier what I've learned and used in my road cycling has allowed me to figure out what works for me with that but also other activities.

First of all the basics..

1) Regular exercise, both weight & mobility-based.
2) A good diet (aka food intake)

As far as supplements beyond the basic vitamin-schedule, I'm sold on the Hammer Nutrition line for short to long-range cycling, which I've applied to my outdoor-based activities, ranging from hiking (short & long) to hunting.

One must work on all of the above basics, train for whatever activity you're doing, and fuel the body for the duration of the activity.
 
Last edited:
This thread reminds me of the saying

"beware of the old man doing the same dangerous job as young men, especially when the job doesn't have that many old men in it"

Personally, I HATED running, in every iteration, but the job required it, so I did it. And until my third, and last duty station I had no problems with it. But in 02, the problems started showing up, exclusively in the knees. But the knees were a symptom of my hips. Though I didn't know until YEARS later.

Performance enhancing only goes so far.
 
Sports programs are a minor footnote in the overall decline of higher education .

And it depends on the sport . Football and basketball are de facto the minor leagues for the NFL and NBA .

For baseball , anyone actually good , with aspirations is playing in the Minor Leagues instead of going to college . A friend used a full ride baseball scholarship to pay for a CJ degree .

Disagree…sports costs have soared in colleges. No bus for our athletes, we now have our own jet! Then the athletes who get scholarships start making $$$,which costs the school, or quit to play pro.
 
The heck with worrying about aging backs, hips, and knees. The new performance enhancer for men over 60:

1791401985789.png
 
Back
Top