testtest

Time to Get the Wallet Out. Again.

About 9% of the shooters at a the USPSA Nationals will be shooting Sigs.

Almost half of USPSA Production shooters at Nationals were shooting either the top-ranked Shadow 2 or the Shadow SP01
36% CZ Shadow 2
14% EAA Tangfolio Stock 2
12% tie Glock G34 and Walther Q5 SF/Match
11% CZ-USA Shadow SP01
9% SIG Sauer P320 X5/Legion

39% CZ Shadow 2
12% EAA Tangfolio Stock 2
9% 3-Way Tie: Glock G34, SIG Sauer P320 and X5 Legion
4% Tie: Beretta 92X and Glock G17
3% Walther Q5 Match Steel Frame

2020_prod_guns-lead1.jpg
Thanks for those numbers. That pretty much confirms what I suspected.

I am seriously considering a P226 Legion SAO over a Prodigy.
I've shot my Prodigy (and TRP) side-by-side with my buddy's P226 Legion SAO, and we both agreed the Prodigy had the edge. He's not a 1911 guy, but he's a good shooter with fairly refined tastes, and his quote after shooting both was, "Man, I've been telling myself for a while now that my P226 SAO was essentially no different than a 1911, but now I get the difference."

Obviously, the P226 Legion is a really nice pistol in many ways, but I still think there is just nothing that can beat the linear pull of a 1911 trigger. And even though the Prodigy has a trigger that is a little on the heavy side, mine has smoothed out and lightened up nicely after several hundred rounds. And if you like to run it fast, again, I think the Prodigy has the edge.

Can't go wrong either way, really, they are both very good pistols, but I think it just comes down to what particular design you prefer. For me, if I'm shooting something that is SAO, I'd rather have a decent 1911 trigger than a hinged trigger every time.

I've shot my Prodigy (and TRP) side-by-side with my buddy's P226 Legion SAO, and we both agreed the Prodigy had the edge. He's not a 1911 guy, but he's a good shooter with fairly refined tastes, and his quote after shooting both was, "Man, I've been telling myself for a while now that my P226 SAO was essentially no different than a 1911, but now I get the difference."

Obviously, the P226 Legion is a really nice pistol in many ways, but I still think there is just nothing that can beat the linear pull of a 1911 trigger. And even though the Prodigy has a trigger that is a little on the heavy side, mine has smoothed out and lightened up nicely after several hundred rounds. And if you like to run it fast, again, I think the Prodigy has the edge.

Can't go wrong either way, really, they are both very good pistols, but I think it just comes down to what particular design you prefer. For me, if I'm shooting something that is SAO, I'd rather have a decent 1911 trigger than a hinged trigger every time.
Annd…yeah. The straight pull trigger has been my one big reason for not getting the Sig over a doublestack 1911.

Good to hear the confirmation…

Back