testtest

Tisas Partners With The Civilian Marksmanship Program To Build 1911 Pistol

One commenter mentioned a lowered and flared ejection port. If you look at the picture, it appears to be as designed. The Tisas model I bought does have the lowered and flared port. I did bob the hammer to eliminate hammer bite. Not sure if a Type E hammer is what is on mine.

Lowered and flared port is unnecessary if your extractor and ejector are set up right.

Lowered port doesn't hurt anything and I don't mind its looks. Flared I don't care for at all and as I said, is completely unnecessary.

It's the same gun as this post on Jan. 10th...

with the exception it will have the stamp "CMP" on the right-side of the dust cover. Other than that its the same gun.

1707323853833.png

There is no enlarged & lowered port since that's not accurate.

Last edited:
It makes sense to buy a good repo to shoot for $500 than to spend 2 grand on a collector grade real thing that you shouldn't shoot. Maybe Colt will jump on the bandwagon and turn out one that looks identical to their war time production.

I have two 1911s with original tiny USGI sights. I don't like them, and hardly ever shoot them.

I can get along just fine with the high fixed sights of the SA MilSpec or equivalent. ;)

BTW - In order to purchase one of these CMP 1911's (and any other CMP-offered firearms) you have to belong to the CMP through an affiliated club, or be a member of the Garand Collectors Association, which is the easiest way.

It's the same gun as this post on Jan. 10th...

with the exception it will have the stamp "CMP" on the right-side of the dust cover. Other than that its the same gun.

View attachment 52045

There is no enlarged & lowered port since that's not accurate.
Why oh why’d you go post that museum grade one, T ?!?
Now I’m soon to be out $500…
Plus S/H & transfer 🙄

😉😇

Back