testtest

Tisas US Army .45 came today

youngolddude

Professional
I had an issue with my first FFL. Finally called the online store and they suggested another FFL. I did that, they sent it Tuesday and got it today. Mag release is a bit stiff, can't wait to try it. Machining looks very nice. Loaded a couple from a mag and chambered nicely. Barrel bushing seems tight. Blue grips are coming today or tomorrow.

Attachments

• 1911 throat.jpg
    1911 throat.jpg
    919.9 KB · Views: 82
  • 1911 in box.jpg
    1911 in box.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 82
  • new grips.jpg
    new grips.jpg
    950.7 KB · Views: 77
Ok….thats pretty true to the original.

Both double diamond & straight checkered grips, spur hammer, short trigger, arched MSH…

That’s a correct M1911A1, as far as I can see.
Close but not close enough. But the Tisas is nice.

The ejection port is lowered more compared to the original.

Inland Manufacturing & Auto Ordnance are correct in regards of the ejection port.

Inland

1704406947180.png

Auto Ordnance
1704407007678.png

I bought one of the Army models a couple years ago and shot the snot out of it with every kind of ammo I could find. Never a hiccup, just made the mistake of showing it to a fellow vet and it ended up going home with him. I would buy another one without any hesitation. (y) on your new pistol.

It's true the ejection port is lowered, but I figure that is a feature and not a defect. This is gonna be used in Wild Bunch matches. I've heard a lot of good things about these recently and seems the quality has been improved in the last year or so. I'm hoping that's true. I may need a replacement magazine release spring, but that's cheap enough. Forged frame, slide and barrel, I like that. I heard some issues with the throat on these, but it appears to be even. We'll see how it does. I like the gray color and the blue grips should go nicely with it. Not sure about the factory mags, but I replaced all my mag springs and should be good to go. My birthday is this month, so I guess I'm starting early.

Kinda jealous- in a good way. The more I hear about Tisas the better they sound and the more I want one! Like I need another 1911... Good shooting with your new acquisition...

Looks like Tisas USA/SDS Imports is coming out with a correct version of the 1943 Remington Rand.

May have to spring for one of these vs. an Inland Manufacturing that is much more expensive. Being a stickler, but Dad carried an A1 in WW2, so these two are likely as close as I can get vs. a CMP 1911 that's been run thru the wringer a lot.

1704911640687.png

Last edited:
Well, except for those wooden double-diamond grips, which I always consider more of an early/1911/WWI/flat mainspring housing kind of thing. A correct WWII 1911A1 should have plastic checkered grips, or at least that's how I always think of things. ;)

Back