testtest

Top 5 Garrison 1911 Holsters

I currently carry mine in a We the People Independence Leather holster. I have a Tucker Gunleather H2F holster on order. I will also use one of my current slides for my 1911's but have really liked the WTP leather holsters

While none of these holsters would be my choice, it just feels right to carry a 1911 in a leather holster. The only holsters I own for 1911s are leather. What keeps me from considering any of the listed holsters is the lack of a retention strap on any of the belt options (I'm just not a shoulder holster guy). Retention is probably the most important factor for me when selecting a holster (concealability is a very close second). It may be overkill, but I insist on retention straps for any non-kydex holsters.

While none of these holsters would be my choice, it just feels right to carry a 1911 in a leather holster. The only holsters I own for 1911s are leather. What keeps me from considering any of the listed holsters is the lack of a retention strap on any of the belt options (I'm just not a shoulder holster guy). Retention is probably the most important factor for me when selecting a holster (concealability is a very close second). It may be overkill, but I insist on retention straps for any non-kydex holsters.
A good point on the need for retention however for me I find my Kydex holsters are a better choice for positive retention. Don’t get me wrong I’ve tried leather holsters with a retention strap and only one worked for me because it had metal sewn into the strap that flipped it out of way after releasing the snap, the others allowed the strap to stay in way and cause a drag on the draw. My opinion.

I currently carry mine in a We the People Independence Leather holster. I have a Tucker Gunleather H2F holster on order. I will also use one of my current slides for my 1911's but have really liked the WTP leather holsters
Tucker GunLeather makes incredibly beautiful holsters, (I own 2) however that being said be ready for a super long break in period to achieve a smooth draw. I’ve been working with both of mine for well over a year and still not comfortable wearing them.
For me.
A functional smooth clean draw is more important than how a holster looks.

I have an older Galco that looks very worn but still has good retention and an incredible smooth draw.

Dont own a one of them - the holsters, not 1911s. Still a huge Milt Sparks fan, like Alien Gear and also a fan of the Blackpoint Mini Tactical Wing. Seem like good holsters mentioned but think the author needs to widen his view - seems like a lot of better options just from the posts here.

Dont own a one of them - the holsters, not 1911s. Still a huge Milt Sparks fan, like Alien Gear and also a fan of the Blackpoint Mini Tactical Wing. Seem like good holsters mentioned but think the author needs to widen his view - seems like a lot of better options just from the posts here.
And that’s the thing, everyone is different and has different likes and
dis-likes, this is evident from the vehicles we drive to the color of our homes. Find what works for you and go with it.

Tucker GunLeather makes incredibly beautiful holsters, (I own 2) however that being said be ready for a super long break in period to achieve a smooth draw. I’ve been working with both of mine for well over a year and still not comfortable wearing them.
For me.
A functional smooth clean draw is more important than how a holster looks.

I have an older Galco that looks very worn but still has good retention and an incredible smooth draw.
I hope to get the holster broke in at home and at the deer lease. Agree on the appearance of the Tucker holster. The HF2 is simple yet elegant

Back