testtest

Top 5 Hellcat OSP Red Dot Holsters

From the article: Blade-Tech Klipt IWB Holster

I'm eying this one as a temporary holster until a decent WML comes out for the Hellcat. Is this actually a safe holster for carrying one in the chamber? It's not kydex, it's some cheap unknown plastic. Does it have the strength to not deform, especially in the trigger guard region? I will be carrying appendix and I normally have no fear at all doing so with a kydex holster, but this isn't kydex.

Also, you guys should do an article on AIWB holsters for the OSP. None of these holsters have a claw or wedge. I realize the Crucial Concealment holster has an integrated claw, never tried it but in theory it looks like it'd be an okay AIWB holster. It is however, lacking a wedge, although not everyone needs a wedge to comfortable AIWB carry.

From the article: Blade-Tech Klipt IWB Holster

I'm eying this one as a temporary holster until a decent WML comes out for the Hellcat. Is this actually a safe holster for carrying one in the chamber? It's not kydex, it's some cheap unknown plastic. Does it have the strength to not deform, especially in the trigger guard region? I will be carrying appendix and I normally have no fear at all doing so with a kydex holster, but this isn't kydex.

Also, you guys should do an article on AIWB holsters for the OSP. None of these holsters have a claw or wedge. I realize the Crucial Concealment holster has an integrated claw, never tried it but in theory it looks like it'd be an okay AIWB holster. It is however, lacking a wedge, although not everyone needs a wedge to comfortable AIWB carry.
Not to sound ignorant but I don't know the acronym "WML", What is it?

Have you or anyone tried or tested the CrossBreed Minituck IWB?
If you mean the Crossbreed Reckoning for the Hellcat, yes I own one and like it very much. I own several Crossbreed holsters. I do have a MiniTuck for my Performance Center Shield 45, as well as SuperTuck & Freedom Carry for other firearms. All are IWB. I like them all. The only drawback is the Freedom Carry with only one belt clip is a bit unstable if pants are undone.

If you mean the Crossbreed Reckoning for the Hellcat, yes I own one and like it very much. I own several Crossbreed holsters. I do have a MiniTuck for my Performance Center Shield 45, as well as SuperTuck & Freedom Carry for other firearms. All are IWB. I like them all. The only drawback is the Freedom Carry with only one belt clip is a bit unstable if pants are undone.
I was talking about mini tuck. I prefer the 2 belt clip set up, I just haven't any experience with brand & its fit. However I see some advantages to the "Reckoning", with more carry locations.

I was talking about mini tuck. I prefer the 2 belt clip set up, I just haven't any experience with brand & its fit. However I see some advantages to the "Reckoning", with more carry locations.
The Reckoning does have two belt clips on it (that's why I prefer it to the Freedom Carry, because it small & has the two belt clips. It also has optional clips to allow it to be an OWB set up. But, as I mentioned, I have the MiniTuck for my Sheild 45 as well, and it's nice, just a lot more leather backing than the Reckoning.

The Reckoning does have two belt clips on it (that's why I prefer it to the Freedom Carry, because it small & has the two belt clips. It also has optional clips to allow it to be an OWB set up. But, as I mentioned, I have the MiniTuck for my Sheild 45 as well, and it's nice, just a lot more leather backing than the Reckoning.

just a tip from a newbie who made a mistake...
The Crossbreed Reckoning holster has a retention device built in.
DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN THE SCREW. It will bend the trigger guard on the hellcat.

Again, just a newbie so it might be obvious. Just letting y’all know. 👍

I'm not a real Kydex fan but I do own two for my M&P's. For the Hellcat, MTR Custom Leather Adversary A-3 IWB or Desantis Superfly pocket holster depending on wardrobe, weather, and where I'm going that day. The Superfly has a detachable (velcro) panel the size of a wallet for concealment, however, it requires pants with a fairly good sized pocket but fits well in most jacket pockets (only if I'm leaving the jacket on). The velcro panel is vertically adjustable so getting a good grip is easy and it sticks well in any pocket when you draw but you have to remove the holster (safety first) when you want to re-holster. Some people carry the Superfly IWB and say it works well but I haven't tried that and don't think I will as I bought the Adversary for that. Both are made for the Hellcat with red dot.

Last edited:

[/QUOTES
I must of mixed up the reckoning and the feeedom. Thanks for straightening me out.

I bought the Klipt holster since I had my eye on it before this article came out. I'm currently in a position with my Hellcat where I want to carry it in a holster (was pocket carrying before) but I'm still deciding on a WML. I am waiting to see if the market brings in any new lights for micro compact hand guns, and then I'll need to find a good holster to pair with it since finding WML capable holsters for the Hellcat is kind of rough right now.

So I bought the Klipt as a temporary holster until I find the right WML/Holster combo and then I will get a premium custom holster. I would not recommend the Klipt as your holster. It's pretty decent for a ~30 dollar holster (with shipping) but not good for the holster you're going to wear every day. It would benefit greatly from having a claw to push the grip of the Hellcat in to your body and possibly even a wedge as well. Its clip also protrudes too much for my liking. It also has too much retention and you can't adjust the retention on it.

With that said, if you're undecided on a holster for your Hellcat and you just want something temporary, it's not bad. It will keep your weapon secure and you won't have to worry about an ND while it's holstered. The trigger is securely covered, I feel safe enough to carry appendix & one in the chamber with it. Just make sure if you plan on carrying the Hellcat as your primary carry weapon you get something better. If you have other guns you carry and the Hellcat is just your niche carry piece you only grab when you can't carry your other bigger pistols, and as such you do not want to spend more than $30 on a holster, then it'd probably be *okay*.

Back