testtest

Top 5 Springfield XD Holsters

I can state that the XD gear holster should be a very last choice in holsters. How it ever got into this top 5 list is beyond me. I've got one, the heart like back paddle isn't nearly long enough to support your firearm. It wants to roll outward with the weight of your firearm because it's not long enough. It's a real PITA to get on and off. I've had several Fobus paddle holsters from their inception and I thought for sure the XD gear would wear the same way. I couldn't have been more wrong! Yes it cheap and it accommodates optical sights that is the only two positives I can give it.

Avoid unless you have no other options.

Two things would make it a much better holster.
1. Longer and wider paddle with no heart shape. Round at the bottom will allow it to go on easier and not grab your shirt or under garments while walking or putting it on.
2. It needs to be relaxed at the bend on top. They've bent it so tightly that you must do multiple motions to get it on. By that I mean not only must you push down but you also need to pull out at the bottom of the holster to get it to go over the shelf (clip) that will reside under your belt. Now I do appreciate a tight fit BUT the shelf clip is much larger that it needs to be and makes it very cumbersome to get on and off.

I can state that the XD gear holster should be a very last choice in holsters. How it ever got into this top 5 list is beyond me. I've got one, the heart like back paddle isn't nearly long enough to support your firearm. It wants to roll outward with the weight of your firearm because it's not long enough. It's a real PITA to get on and off. I've had several Fobus paddle holsters from their inception and I thought for sure the XD gear would wear the same way. I couldn't have been more wrong! Yes it cheap and it accommodates optical sights that is the only two positives I can give it.

Avoid unless you have no other options.

Two things would make it a much better holster.
1. Longer and wider paddle with no heart shape. Round at the bottom will allow it to go on easier and not grab your shirt or under garments while walking or putting it on.
2. It needs to be relaxed at the bend on top. They've bent it so tightly that you must do multiple motions to get it on. By that I mean not only must you push down but you also need to pull out at the bottom of the holster to get it to go over the shelf (clip) that will reside under your belt. Now I do appreciate a tight fit BUT the shelf clip is much larger that it needs to be and makes it very cumbersome to get on and off.
Mine seems to work fine. My XDM 3.8 holds 20 rounds so it is not light. I think it’s because I have a good belt. I use a Big Foot CCW Belt with a Steel Core. I can carry all day under a X Large T Shirt or Sweatshirt
AB54B048-F4CB-48D0-9B49-4B8D3F029F05.jpeg

Mine seems to work fine. My XDM 3.8 holds 20 rounds so it is not light. I think it’s because I have a good belt. I use a Big Foot CCW Belt with a Steel Core. I can carry all day under a X Large T Shirt or Sweatshirt View attachment 31470
Yes a good belt is a must. Both my 3.8 compact.45 and 10mm I've used with it. Although my belt doesn't have a steel core it is thick and stiff.

This paddle design has much more support.

https://www.fobusholster.com/collec...ield&model=Springfield HS 2000 .45&hand=Right

If you like the Springfield holster, rock it!
Mine no longer gets any use. My crossbreed horsehide super tuck IWB and the Fobus both get used and the Springfield sets in a drawer.

I’ll give kudos to Springfield in offering holsters from known manufacturers and I’ve looked at what they offer unfortunately I’ve never seen anything that interest me or is (made for a gun) I own and 99% of my handguns are SA products. 🤔

Back