testtest

Top Gun Maverick

xdman

Self appointed Chief Armorer
Staff member
So while it won‘t be nominated for best picture at the Oscars, it was a fun movie with great action sequences. Took my back to the 80’s when I I watched the first one at the drive in.

Now for a spoiler: the mission in TG Maverick is just Star Wars destroy the Death Star. :ROFLMAO: ……change my mind. It also was a little bit of Iron Eagle, and Rambo 3 sprinkled in.

After the movie Dog, this is just the second post covid movie in the theater and I will say it was campy enough to be worth it.

316A2562-8E53-4188-8163-51AED844B877.jpeg

i haven't been to the movies in years. even my grand kids don't really want to go. so i get to save like $5,000 in snacks, and sodas...

which is also good, thier parents have cable, i have cable, and for what each of us pays?

i can wait like 1-2 months till it comes on cable.

not really a Tom Cruise fan either.

Haven't been to a movie theater in three years or so. But, I am tempted.

When I joined the Navy as an Aviation Mechanic, Structural, in 1988, I had never seen the movie. My dad was a pilot and I worked on his planes as a kid.

When I went to my A-School in Memphis, they played Top Gun on a large projection TV in the lounge. It was packed. I remarked to a buddy that I had never seen it, and he was shocked. I was then told by many there that the movie was the reason they joined the Navy.

It was a good movie. I bought a DVD of it a month or so ago and re-watched it. I had forgotten that Meg Ryan was in it.

But, I dislike crazy little cult member Tom Cruise, so will probably skip it until it comes out on DVD. I know, he will still get a cut, but hopefully not as much as the theater release profits.

Oh, and I miss these girls...

yk0BwbxtRYSYXE3BlvrJ6Q.jpeg

It is hard to believe it has been 36 years since the original came out. The best Navy recruiting film ever! Mrs. Greener and I watched the original Top Gun on Amazon Prime last night in preparation for going to the new one later this week. It will be our first trip to a theatre in years. I might even splurge on some outrageously expensive popcorn and a drink.

Update very good way to spend a couple of hours great fight scenes I could do without the macho stuff but I guess you need to be that way to survive and be good at it
We have friends and family who are fighter pilots and forward air controllers. They have to be the kind of people who lean forward and have the warrior ethos to do that job. God Bless our warriors.

It is hard to believe it has been 36 years since the original came out. The best Navy recruiting film ever! Mrs. Greener and I watched the original Top Gun on Amazon Prime last night in preparation for going to the new one later this week. It will be our first trip to a theatre in years. I might even splurge on some outrageously expensive popcorn and a drink.
With a matinee price of $21 per ticket and a $6 dollar service charge (thankfully not per ticket) Going to the concession stand might involve a credit check and a small loan. :rolleyes:

Back