testtest

Top Gun Maverick

Where do you live even in California it’s 9.00
In one of @jmcd's previous posts, he said: "Kids are at me to go see this in a MX4D theater. Never been to one of those. Couldn't get in this weekend. Will try for next weekend."
I'm assuming that a MX4D theater is like or is an IMAX theater & film. A lot of these type movies (special air or car racing effects, etc), film in several different formats. IMAX (and I suppose MX4D), offers enhanced visual and sound compared to standard filming. Since there aren't a lot of these theaters around and they need the special equipment to show films in this format and that the seats move in relation to the films special effects, it's more expensive per ticket. I've never been to one of these theaters, but I've heard some reviews stating it's like you're in the plane or the car as it's racing. Others state that the better effects aren't worth the higher costs. (kind of like Blu-ray Vs. DVD is to me).
Here's are links to an MX4D and IMAX site. Whether MX4D is its own film type (or IMAX format) or just theater & seat enhancements, I don't know.

In one of @jmcd's previous posts, he said: "Kids are at me to go see this in a MX4D theater. Never been to one of those. Couldn't get in this weekend. Will try for next weekend."
I'm assuming that a MX4D theater is like or is an IMAX theater & film. A lot of these type movies (special air or car racing effects, etc), film in several different formats. IMAX (and I suppose MX4D), offers enhanced visual and sound compared to standard filming. Since there aren't a lot of these theaters around and they need the special equipment to show films in this format and that the seats move in relation to the films special effects, it's more expensive per ticket. I've never been to one of these theaters, but I've heard some reviews stating it's like you're in the plane or the car as it's racing. Others state that the better effects aren't worth the higher costs. (kind of like Blu-ray Vs. DVD is to me).
Here's are links to an MX4D and IMAX site. Whether MX4D is its own film type (or IMAX format) or just theater & seat enhancements, I don't know.

The imax here in California is about 15.00 dollars for senior I ain’t paying that

Well if it makes you throw up you know it's just like the real thing....🤢

I agree, prices were a little over the top. @BET7 is right. The cost was for the silly seats we were in. When they turned left, the seats leaned to the left. When they climbed, you were tipped back in the seat. Some scenes my teeth were rattling in my head. They had strobes going off in the theater at certain times and you could smell certain things, feel air in your face, etc.

My daughter had a drink that she took the straw out of so it wouldn't go up her nose or in her eye. Still, she had a problem drinking it.

My son loved it. (of course)

I bought the tickets on line hence the $6 fee. (also ridiculous)

It was one of those things that I can now say, yes I went to one of those theaters. Would I do it again? Probably not. Truth be told, I would rather watch things from the comfort of my own couch. The things we do for our children.

I agree, prices were a little over the top. @BET7 is right. The cost was for the silly seats we were in. When they turned left, the seats leaned to the left. When they climbed, you were tipped back in the seat. Some scenes my teeth were rattling in my head. They had strobes going off in the theater at certain times and you could smell certain things, feel air in your face, etc.

My daughter had a drink that she took the straw out of so it wouldn't go up her nose or in her eye. Still, she had a problem drinking it.

My son loved it. (of course)

I bought the tickets on line hence the $6 fee. (also ridiculous)

It was one of those things that I can now say, yes I went to one of those theaters. Would I do it again? Probably not. Truth be told, I would rather watch things from the comfort of my own couch. The things we do for our children.
Bet your son would shake the couch his sister sits in at home to watch the movie for $21 to annoy her for fun 😏😉

Mrs. Greener and I went to the movie with friends yesterday. It was $7. The flying scenes were outstanding and we were entertained. The sense of nostalgia was present throughout the movie. Cruise was great and Jennifer Connelly plays a great supporting role. But what strikes me most about the movie is the sense of America and patriotism that we have not seen in far too long. Remember that Ronald Reagan was president when the first movie came out, and military recruiting numbers skyrocketed. The good guys beat the bad guys and it was the Americans who won. Looking at the box office receipts it seems the free world hungers for the American exceptionalism themes presented. I am hoping Hollywood gets that message. I want to see it again as there was so much action so fast that my mind could not take it all in on the first viewing. A damn fine movie, I recommend it.

I want to see it, but I'll wait until I can buy the DVD or stream it. The last movie I went to see at a theater was, "Open Range". The sound was HORRIBLE! The music was blasting, then you could hardly hear the dialogue. I'm noticing more and more TV shows are sound edited in the same manner.

I don't understand why? I can't believe that anyone finds that enjoyable. We almost walked out.

Back