testtest

Tragedy

Thanks C.S. A very tragic story, thanks for sharing. Prayers and thoughts out to all involved.

Story wasn't loading right for some reason on this end. Read elsewhere. Here's another link:

My son works with an older man who inadvertently pulled in front of another car that resulted in an accident that killed the man's wife. At this point he claims to have no recollection of the accident. I know he has a court date soon since he was charged in her death. My son says the man is a basket case and doubts he'll make it another year. It seems that one day things are fine and the next day your world can go to hell in a handbasket. There's no rhyme or reason to it that we'll ever understand.

Indeed, these are always the saddest (sometimes most infuriating, in the cases of true negligence) and most sobering for me as a parent.

From my Chinese heritage, we have a saying, that it's the greatest curse of the gods to bury one's children. This is a sentiment similarly expressed in many cultures - for many Westerners, there's no word for those surviving the death of one's child or children: it's an unthinkable.

My deepest condolences to the family.

Back