testtest

Tree #2

Belt Fed

Hellcat
Started on the other tree, didn't go as planned. ran over a sharp stump shortly after i got there and blowed the side of my tire out. so i drove it onto a harder dirt road and changed to the spare and then went back to work.

got a small truckload as the tire took up a lot of time. Goin back in the morning for the long trunk with a bigger saw. i did find the culprit that got my tire and cut it out.

20230615_083002.jpg
20230615_095709.jpg
20230615_095724.jpg
20230615_112700.jpg
20230615_070224.jpg

LOL, it's never been on, been under the truck for many years
that's what i hated about spare tires on trucks. we tend to ignore them, being under the bed, and as a result (here at least), the salt, and sand from winter settles into the wheel, and starts rotting away at it.

i tried at least 2 different in the bed tire carriers, they were a PITA as well, either taking up space, or not forgetting to keep the lock lubed.

I got this whole trunk cut and on the last cut it went through and then the chain came off and hit me in the shin. i got a nice bump.and small cut. then i found out why, it done spun off a c clip and retainer. the bearing was fried too. i had all the parts and got it goin quickly.

20230616_074921.jpg
20230616_074948.jpg

Belt Fed do you mix regular gas and oil or do you use the premixed canned gas? The ethanol in regular gas is the kiss of death for these small engines. From looking at the wood it appears to me to be red oak. Shame that trunk couldn't have gone to a local saw mill. It would have made some nice boards or a million chop sticks.

Belt Fed do you mix regular gas and oil or do you use the premixed canned gas? The ethanol in regular gas is the kiss of death for these small engines. From looking at the wood it appears to me to be red oak. Shame that trunk couldn't have gone to a local saw mill. It would have made some nice boards or a million chop sticks.
yup, that ethanol crap ate thru all my fuel lines on my garden/snow equipment.

Back