testtest

Tree #2

Another load this morning. New bar and chain too. the other had been dressed so many times the chain wouldn't tighten down

View attachment 40767View attachment 40768
1686956039466.jpeg

Skynet found these pics that @Belt Fed didn’t want to get out……😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫

Now i gotta split and stack it

20230619_132507.jpg
did you ever mention the type of variety that wood is?

on another message board site i belong to, the guy there cut down some sort of wood that is orange inside.??

incredibly BEAUTIFUL wood i have ever seen.

i told him, as i'd say to you, a hobbyist could make great revolver stocks or 1911 grips with that wood.

i found it, he had Osage Orange, here is a generic pic of what he had cut down

osage-orange-branch.jpg

A hell of a lot of hard work !!!
Makes me tired just looking at it
My days of wood burning are over. My last 2 houses each had 2 fireplaces. In my current house, one has been converted to gas and I'm putting an electric insert in the other. Mostly just used for ambiance during the holidays anyways, Although the gas one did come in handy heating my house (actually only the living room) when I lost my furnace a few years ago during a polar vortex and it took 2 days before new one was installed and running.

yup, that ethanol crap ate thru all my fuel lines on my garden/snow equipment.
Same here. I bought a heavily discounted electric chain saw; a 40 volt 12" Black and Decker on a whim as a backup, with store and military discount it was 65% off and was too tempting not to buy. It really surprised me. Battery lasts twice as long as I thought it would (about 2.5 - 3 hours of constant use) ands cuts through 8" tree stumps with no issues. I wouldn't replace my gas saw with it but for around the yard tree and bush trimming it fits the bill.

Back