testtest

Trijicon Mini RMR

You convinced me on the Sentinel. I just placed my order and used the DailyShooter coupon code for a $60 discount. Thanks very much for the info Guy and barjohn!

With all of this cross talk, I have been contemplating whether to get something for my hellcat. I think I narrowed it down to Swampfox. I especially like the military discount they provide as well, 30%. None of the others provide such a steep discount. I wish they had the notch cutout, but it looks like it will semi-cowitness, barely. I've read there is an issue with installing the screws. Not sure exactly what the deal is. Good to know prior to ordering so that I can have the right screws.

With all of this cross talk, I have been contemplating whether to get something for my hellcat. I think I narrowed it down to Swampfox. I especially like the military discount they provide as well, 30%. None of the others provide such a steep discount. I wish they had the notch cutout, but it looks like it will semi-cowitness, barely. I've read there is an issue with installing the screws. Not sure exactly what the deal is. Good to know prior to ordering so that I can have the right screws.
I didn't know about the military discount, thanks for that info.

Found some on eBay. They have 4 I don't know who it is

I’ve read this thread trying to figure out what weapon you guys are talking about mounting this trijicon rmr on. I don’t know springfields lineup we’ll and i’m new to the different makers of RMR sights so some of the context of hellcat something or other is missing for me.

I have a trp operator, full rail .45
can this trijicon rmr 2 be made to fit that gun? I understand it’s expensive but that is a pretty nice sight. I shot it today at the range on a walther Q4 and I liked it. I would like to have it on my trp operator. This is a picture of my .45 with its current adjustable iron sights.

C452D649-D9DD-4344-83D0-B2E851E81510.jpeg

I didn’t see plates or any mounting information to lead me to believe that would be possible. from looking at my sights on the trp and looking at the trijicon rmr it doesn't seem to be compatible.

maybe a gunsmith could modify the slide for me. IDK

23723413-C4AF-4685-953B-C12EDED7B9BF.jpeg

Your gun appears to be a full size so you may be able to put a Trijicon RMR Type 2 on it. It is (the RMR Type 2) larger so you get a bigger sight window and it costs less. I couldn't find the slide width on the Springfield web site. If it is over 1.2" it will work with the RMR Type 2, if it is 1" then the RMRcc is the better choice. I see it is a single stack so it will might be only an inch in width.

Thanks,

yes I was actually asking about the model 2 rmr from trijicon.

I also don’t see the slide width specifications for my exact weapon but for a similar TRP 1911 in .45 they publish the following specs.

Features
The TRP Operator, Tactical Gray weighs 45 ounces unloaded and is 8.6 inches long, 5.7 inches tall, and 1.43 inches thick at the ambidextrous thumb safety. The slide is 0.92 inch thick.

I guess my question is, if we look at the type of notch that is cut into the slide for the rear site, it doesn’t look like any RMR sight would fit there or at least like some adapter plate would be needed? is there some type of standard notch that has a name that I can use to google for adapter plates for a sight of type “abc-something” name to see if I can mount something else there?
35C825ED-E3A4-4127-9B0C-2583F4B4268F.jpeg

For dimensions of the rear sight they says this:

The fully adjustable rear sight has a 0.125-inch notch that's flanked by two tritium dots. And as I said earlier, it's recessed into the slide. The serrated front sight is 0.119 inch thick and 0.181 inch tall, and it has a single tritium dot.

Springfield seems to have released a 10mm version of the trp operator with this trijicon rmr 2 as an option. the slide on the 10mm looks very similar in dimensions to the slide on my trp .45 operator

so Basically I am looking for how to get this on my .45.

Does springfield still have a custom shop? Maybe they could help me?

54B9BA2F-0971-4E9C-A88F-7673B5ABB874.jpeg
7FF31240-5729-4EDA-BD18-6EDBBC1B556B.jpeg

The rear sight would have to be removed. There are dovetail mount plates that can be installed where the rear sight was but most don't consider that to be a very good solution. The other option is to have the slide milled for the red dot sight you want. The RMRcc is its own specification and not compatible with any other red dot sight. If it were milled for the RMR Type 2, you could find other sights that would work with that mount but given the width of the slide, I would go with either there RMRcc or the shield RMSc standard mount. There are a range of several red dot sights that use the RMSc mount. With some of the RMSc mount red dot sights they have a notch allowing them to be used as the rear metal sight and you existing front sight should the red dot fail. The RMRcc and some RMSc red dots are not notched and you would need to have a rear metal sight cut into the slide in front of or behind the Red Dot. It depends on the gun and whether those areas can be safely milled for that purpose.

Looks like milling the slide is the preferred option?

for the specific adjustable type
of sight on this trp operator - is there a plate anyone is aware to match it to the RMR model 2?

re: milling this place seems to have a program to do this type of milling with a cnc machine and some cad software.

any others that the experts here on this forum might recommend? i’m based in California

I'm looking for similar, I have a Springfield 1911A1 Government sized Range Operator. This is what I found {on Midway} for a Trijicon dovetailed RMR mount for 1911s … I have not confirmed if the dovetail cut is correct, though I would make a [bad] assumption it is the standard cut. Can someone from Springfield @Mike H. confirm if this mount works??? If not then what are the options to getting an RMR mounted onto a 1911?

1603557583554.png

Springfield seems to have released a 10mm version of the trp operator with this trijicon rmr 2 as an option. the slide on the 10mm looks very similar in dimensions to the slide on my trp .45 operator

so Basically I am looking for how to get this on my .45.

Does springfield still have a custom shop? Maybe they could help me?

View attachment 10299

I just checked out the Swampfox and it looks like a great choice. Any idea on when they will be available?
Did you go with the Swampfox? Did you have any issues with it? I purchased a Swampfox Sentinel for my Hellcat OSP. First one lens cracked on first mag, Swampfox was quick to replace it after I sent it back. I just went to the range today with the replacement Sentinel, 3rd mag and lens cracked. Gun shoots fine, never dropped or any damage to the optic. It’s been in a case inside my range bag all the time, except for when I cleaned it and fired it on the range. I’m firing Federal 115gr ammo, so nothing “hot” (though that shouldn’t be a problem). Contacted Swampfox and they apologized for the issues and are willing to replace or refund. So, I’m really impressed with the company, but my intent is to use this gun as my CC and I need an optic I can count on more than this (and yes I know you have to be prepared for any optic to fail, which is one of the reasons I went with the Sentinel is so I can co witness). Just curious if anyone else has had the same issue? Anyone go with the Holosun with the adapter plate? If so, can you still co witness with the original sights?

Back