testtest

Trip to the LGS......

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMSgtRod

Professional
Founding Member
Finally got free and headed over to the LGS across town to grab some more powder and primers.
He had a ton of powder on the shelves. Not the oddball. Has 296, ACC, 2, 5, 7, 9 and all flavors
of Hodgdon. Assorted several hundred pounds in all. Every primer you could want except
the SP.

Now ammo. I could have purchased the 454 Casull but nothing else I'm chambered for.

Looking at the 10 glass display cases there were 7 handguns. A portion of the store that I
would normally gander at and drool over for hours was done with a 2 minute glance.
Long guns, not an empty spot on all the wall racks!! I guess long guns aren't in this year!!

They had a really good March, April is going to be another story unless the manufacturers
get geared up good. Top priority, handguns, ammo and toilet paper.

Something that surprised me. This was a mail order. Ordered a thousand of 223 and 308
bullets online Wednesday. They were sitting on the porch yesterday! Did not expect that
quick of service at all. Another supplier has 6 weeks lag time.

My local guy is pretty much cleaned out of every big-name plastic 9mm...handgun shelves were pretty bare.

Out of 9mm, and pretty low on 556/.223, but everything else, he had—.40, .45, 10mm, .38. .357Mag, 380...

I’m low in .380, so I bought a couple hundred rounds. Prices were a little higher than normal—$34/100 for PPU FMJ—but not exorbitant.

My local guy is pretty much cleaned out of every big-name plastic 9mm...handgun shelves were pretty bare.

Out of 9mm, and pretty low on 556/.223, but everything else, he had—.40, .45, 10mm, .38. .357Mag, 380...

I’m low in .380, so I bought a couple hundred rounds. Prices were a little higher than normal—$34/100 for PPU FMJ—but not exorbitant.
I've even looked online at the local Army base PX, and they have no 9mm, or other popular rounds. It's roughly a 40 mile, one-way trip, but make the trip occasionally to buy my S&B ammo there (not sold locally). My recent EZ9 purchase was on March 13th, so I guess I barely made it under the wire before all of the shut-downs got into full swing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back