testtest

true, isn't it?

Not to argue at all, but how were the loans terms changed, and by whom? In these crazy times I certainly wouldn't doubt it, but I'm just not aware of it. Thanks.
Well outside of the fact that they got caught not informing people they were eligible for forebearance and other crap, were forced to pay up and rectify it and then turned around and did the same thing all over again, charging interest and late fees when they weren't supposed to, etc. ( there are two class action lawsuits against MOHELA right now for mismanaging loans) there was some other thing my wife ( a CPA/Financial advisor) told me about which was disgusting but which I can't recall the exact details now. I could have her explain it and type it all out or you could just Google it.

You made the comment about values and what we are. What di you think that is?
Again, my opinion is irrelevant. Our national values are contained in the founding documents, i.e. the Constitution and Declaration of Independence. These are what define us, and I agree with them.

If I were to disagree with them, it would make no difference. These define the social contract our society has. The founders expressed that clearly; government is instituted among men deriving its' power from the consent of the governed. That power is granted to those elected to lead, subject to revocation should those elected to lead fail in their duty.

Our national values include liberty, freedom from governmental interference in our private lives and the rule of law. These aren't a complete list, but get us started on a track to an understanding.

Now, I will ask you to define what you believe our national values to be, given that it seems to be a matter of contention in your mind. I'm quite interested to learn where you diverge from our founders.

You made the comment about values initially. What do you think those are? I did not make the same claim. What do you see in the Constitution that relates to student loans? Vague notions of freedom and liberty notwithstanding, because I don't see how they relate.

It
You made the comment about values initially. What do you think those are? I did not make the same claim. What do you see in the Constitution that relates to student loans? Vague notions of freedom and liberty notwithstanding, because I don't see how they relate.
Student loans: blanket forgiveness is yet another way the current regime wishes to curry favor among a group of people to buy their vote.

They are using this, along with other policies to build a coalition to retain power because that is the most important thing in their minds. They understand that if they are honest about their opinion of this country (and the direction they wish to take it) they will be rejected and removed from power.

They don't want people to understand that they hate this country as founded. They don't agree with the protections contained within the Constitution and see them as a hindrance to their unbridled lust for power.

Hope saying it this way will clarify things in your mind.

It
Student loans: blanket forgiveness is yet another way the current regime wishes to curry favor among a group of people to buy their vote.

They are using this, along with other policies to build a coalition to retain power because that is the most important thing in their minds. They understand that if they are honest about their opinion of this country (and the direction they wish to take it) they will be rejected and removed from power.

They don't want people to understand that they hate this country as founded. They don't agree with the protections contained within the Constitution and see them as a hindrance to their unbridled lust for power.

Hope saying it this way will clarify things in your mind.
thing is, the college students talk the talk about politics, protesting, etc......what are the stats (if anyone knows), on how many, walk the walk, regarding:

1) are registered voters???

2) how many actually show up to vote????

Since everyone here is on board with the people that took the loan should pay it back, and I can’t resist poking the bear sometimes.

Then I assume most everyone would be good with increasing taxes to pay off the national debt. Since most the debt has occurred while the baby boomer generation and gen x and millennials have been in power and when younger generations werent able to vote. I believe gen z started voting in 2020 election.

Since you know the future generations shouldn’t be stuck with the bill since they didn’t take those loans :).

Somewhat sarcastic lol, we could spend less money as well on a country of course.

POTUS 44 federalized the student loan system in order to use the student loan repayments to subsidize/partially subsidize ObamaCare.

With that in place the university system saw the "Cash Cow" had arrived and started increasing staffing salaries, tuitions, fees, and amenities so students could have a "cruise ship experience" when in school, while the universities/colleges hit up donors/alumni for massive endowments.

Now with a "certain" party wanting to forgive the $1.6T+ in student debt that puts the cost on the shoulders of the everyday taxpayer.

1713640979374.png

Well, I'll just say this (with lots and lots of sarcasm): I'm just so glad I chose to work enough jobs and hours during my schooling to pay for most of my student debt as it was accrued. Those amounts left over were paid off as I began my career.

Having no personal, outstanding, student debt now makes it so much more enjoyable and easier to pay for those who choose to not pay theirs! Waaahoooo!

Back