testtest

Turkeys found the deer feeder

shoot'em, shoot'em all they are useless, ugly and stupid, as they drown in the rain...

same as deer, eradicated them all, all i say, all......
I murdered one last night. Actually I think it's fair to say she committed suicide. And worse, she may not be dead, just injured, I don't know. Coming home from my parent's house about 11 PM, where I stay with my 83 year old dad who has dementia while my 80 year old mom bowls on a Thursday night league. The highway between their house and my house is a long 4 lane surrounded mostly by countryside. 80 MPH and out of my peripheral I see a big ol' doe. She smacks into my front fender and driver side door ( so she hit me technically). Moving that fast in the pitch black I didn't pull over to check the damage or to dispatch the injured animal, which I certainly would have done if it was light out. 11:00 at night the last thing I wanted to do was search ditches to make sure the poor creature wasn't suffering though. Also by the time I slowed down I would have little clue where it actually happened. And it's a divided highway, so I would have had to go to the next exit, turn around, go back down to the previous exit before the incident then start searching.

Anyway, I still feel pretty bad about it. I have an appointment to get my car inspected this morning, after spending hours and hours replacing 02 sensors, MAF sensor, PCV valves and other emissions crap so I could get the check engine light off. And the night before I get attacked by a deer. The damage isn't bad, but the door, fender and hood are now misaligned and the Lexus is kinda looking like a hooptie. :(

I murdered one last night. Actually I think it's fair to say she committed suicide. And worse, she may not be dead, just injured, I don't know. Coming home from my parent's house about 11 PM, where I stay with my 83 year old dad who has dementia while my 80 year old mom bowls on a Thursday night league. The highway between their house and my house is a long 4 lane surrounded mostly by countryside. 80 MPH and out of my peripheral I see a big ol' doe. She smacks into my front fender and driver side door ( so she hit me technically). Moving that fast in the pitch black I didn't pull over to check the damage or to dispatch the injured animal, which I certainly would have done if it was light out. 11:00 at night the last thing I wanted to do was search ditches to make sure the poor creature wasn't suffering though. Also by the time I slowed down I would have little clue where it actually happened. And it's a divided highway, so I would have had to go to the next exit, turn around, go back down to the previous exit before the incident then start searching.

Anyway, I still feel pretty bad about it. I have an appointment to get my car inspected this morning, after spending hours and hours replacing 02 sensors, MAF sensor, PCV valves and other emissions crap so I could get the check engine light off. And the night before I get attacked by a deer. The damage isn't bad, but the door, fender and hood are now misaligned and the Lexus is kinda looking like a hooptie. :(
sorry to hear it. they "pop up" out of nowhere it seems. the roads around here are littered with dead deer this time of year. i have more deer move through my yard than squirrels.

sorry to hear it. they "pop up" out of nowhere it seems. the roads around here are littered with dead deer this time of year. i have more deer move through my yard than squirrels.

Same here. No one in this state is a stranger to hitting deer with their cars. In the last 20 years I've hit 6 or 7 deer. The last one ( before this) was a medium size buck that cost $5000 worth of damage to the front end of my Dodge Ram. I haven't walked out this morning to survey the damage in the light yet, but cars these days have such thin skins I'm guessing it's going to go one of two ways. Either I'm going to try to pop things back the way they go so my door quits rubbing when I open it or I'm going to call the insurance company, pay a $500 ( god I hope it's $500 and not $1000) deductible and have a body shop do $5000 worth of work to it.

Back before I had the Ram truck I had a '97 F-350 king cab, long bed with a 7.3 Power Stroke. I had massive steel bumpers. I hit 3 or 4 deer with that truck that didn't even put a scratch on it. Of course in the end the hood, cab and bed all ended up even in a straight line, but rolling it 3 times down a 20' embankment will do that.

Same here. No one in this state is a stranger to hitting deer with their cars. In the last 20 years I've hit 6 or 7 deer. The last one ( before this) was a medium size buck that cost $5000 worth of damage to the front end of my Dodge Ram. I haven't walked out this morning to survey the damage in the light yet, but cars these days have such thin skins I'm guessing it's going to go one of two ways. Either I'm going to try to pop things back the way they go so my door quits rubbing when I open it or I'm going to call the insurance company, pay a $500 ( god I hope it's $500 and not $1000) deductible and have a body shop do $5000 worth of work to it.

Back before I had the Ram truck I had a '97 F-350 king cab, long bed with a 7.3 Power Stroke. I had massive steel bumpers. I hit 3 or 4 deer with that truck that didn't even put a scratch on it. Of course in the end the hood, cab and bed all ended up even in a straight line, but rolling it 3 times down a 20' embankment will do that.
this is how insane the deer get here. this truck, parked in a driveway, gets tagged by a flying buck.

I was able to pull it out mostly. You can still see a crease if you look, but it's good enough I'm not making an insurance claim. Also my hard work paid off, car passed emissions and safety inspections this morning no problem.

Back