testtest

TV shows that couldn’t be on today....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Three's Company
Night Court
Wings
Animaniacs (although they did it on purpose...)
Taxi
WKRP in Cincinnati
Cheers
Golden Girls (hell, I'm amazed they let Hot in Cleveland fly currently - Betty White is STILL a pistol!)

Pretty much anything on TV back in the day was off-color towards one demographic or another and they all had their "bad" characters you just loved to hate...you just had to know what the show was about, and pick your poison as to what you watched, and avoid the ones that picked on "your" demographic.

Or, just watch 'em all and learn how to laugh at yourself (a skill that has sadly been lost in today's world).
Taxi..... the yellow light means.... ssssssslllllllllooooooowwwwww down!!
WKRP..... as God is my witness, I thought turkey's could fly!!!

Need to get the back stories on the cast. Robert Clary was in a "Concentration Camp." Playing a part in a "POW Camp" made the difference. That's why he agreed. Werner Klemperer agreed to the part of Col. Klink on one condition, that Klink would NEVER have the last word/win over Hogan. John Banner (Shultz) was a sergeant in the US Army during WWII. Interesting stuff, Hogan's Heroes.
Yes, and I also read/heard that Werner Klemperer's other condition was to make his German Officer appear stupid and foolish as another slap to German Nazi's. You can definitely see the difference in acting style vs the part he played in "Judgement at Nuremberg". Excellent movie.

Now, if I said movies.....the first one would be Smokey and the Bandit......I know they wouldn’t do that today. Sheriff Buford T. Justice.......his phrases......tick turd, moose twit.....and others I can put in here.......😂

I'm
Star Trek (n) Star Wars (n) When Battle Star came along I fell in love with that show.
I'm guessing you're referring to the original airing SMSgtRod. Although I'm also a Hugh Star Trek (all but Deep Space Nine), and Star Wars, I loved battle Star Galactica (loved the Cylons & how they spoke). Then (as I think djthumper was referring to), it goes off the air, most of the cast leaves (except Lorne Greene) and comes back where there's some "Star Child" as a resulting product between "Starbuck" and a Cylon, that's when it start going off the rails for me. The third time it aired was as a new series on Showtime that I never watched, so I can't speak if that was any good or not. 🤐

I'm

I'm guessing you're referring to the original airing SMSgtRod. Although I'm also a Hugh Star Trek (all but Deep Space Nine), and Star Wars, I loved battle Star Galactica (loved the Cylons & how they spoke). Then (as I think djthumper was referring to), it goes off the air, most of the cast leaves (except Lorne Greene) and comes back where there's some "Star Child" as a resulting product between "Starbuck" and a Cylon, that's when it start going off the rails for me. The third time it aired was as a new series on Showtime that I never watched, so I can't speak if that was any good or not. 🤐
They sound like techno music, maybe that where it started?

Here is some tv shows that probably wouldn’t be on today due to the PC crowd,

All in the Family
The Jefferson’s
Dukes of Hazard
Married with Children
MASH....(Early Episodes)
Good Times

Probably more I can’t think of.......
G.I. Joe. Good luck letting kids watch that one in the post-Columbine era.

They sound like techno music, maybe that where it started?
Not sure TEXASforLIFE, but as a big Science Fiction fan, they kind of sounded like the computer (Colossus) in the movie "Colossus, the Forbin Project". It's about a computer that Dr. Forbin creates to run the entire US defense including nuclear missiles. The computer keeps learning and asks for a voice (which kind of sounds like the Cylons). The movie then goes on trying to stop "Colossus" which resides in an impregnable concrete bunker, and then hooks up with it's Soviet computer counterpart (Gideon), to control both side's weapons and use the threat of nuclear missile launches to get what it wants (including assassinations). In the end, it doesn't go well. This movie came out well before the "Terminator" and "Skynet", which may have used this movie as a premise for "Terminator"

Rat Patrol: Got it on DVD. Combat, Jonny Quest 1964, Ultraman 1967, Lassie, Daktari, Gentle Ben, Flipper, Miami Vice, A-Team, Riptide, GI Joe ARAH, Transformers G1, The Marvel Superheroes..... so much good stuff instead of today's eco-diversity crap.

Rat Patrol: Got it on DVD. Combat, Jonny Quest 1964, Ultraman 1967, Lassie, Daktari, Gentle Ben, Flipper, Miami Vice, A-Team, Riptide, GI Joe ARAH, Transformers G1, The Marvel Superheroes..... so much good stuff instead of today's eco-diversity crap.
My father, being a WWII vet, watched Combat religiously when it came on. Having only one TV in the household, we all had to watch it. I think that’s where I got my start liking war pictures & documentaries (especially WWII pix since they were the majority of war pix in my younger days)

Not sure TEXASforLIFE, but as a big Science Fiction fan, they kind of sounded like the computer (Colossus) in the movie "Colossus, the Forbin Project". It's about a computer that Dr. Forbin creates to run the entire US defense including nuclear missiles. The computer keeps learning and asks for a voice (which kind of sounds like the Cylons). The movie then goes on trying to stop "Colossus" which resides in an impregnable concrete bunker, and then hooks up with it's Soviet computer counterpart (Gideon), to control both side's weapons and use the threat of nuclear missile launches to get what it wants (including assassinations). In the end, it doesn't go well. This movie came out well before the "Terminator" and "Skynet", which may have used this movie as a premise for "Terminator"
Haven't heard of that movie!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back