testtest

Two M1 Garands

I'm assuming most reading this thread are Garand guys....I just picked up a Garand today (unexpected...I low-balled one in stock on consignment at an LGS and they called back and said yes!). Rifle did not come with any clips. I see them on M1garand.com for $2ea (less if you buy 50 or 100)...anyone buy their clips? Any better recommendations for a site to purchase the en blocs? Not looking for cheapest...just a reliable retailer...

I'm assuming most reading this thread are Garand guys....I just picked up a Garand today (unexpected...I low-balled one in stock on consignment at an LGS and they called back and said yes!). Rifle did not come with any clips. I see them on M1garand.com for $2ea (less if you buy 50 or 100)...anyone buy their clips? Any better recommendations for a site to purchase the en blocs? Not looking for cheapest...just a reliable retailer...
I bought mine at Sarco’s in their store (I live close by). You can also buy them online.

I bought mine at Sarco’s in their store (I live close by). You can also buy them online.

Maybe I should look for them locally tomorrow...I've never looked for them at my shops since I did not have the rifle before. Let's hope I'm pleasantly surprised. Gotta find some ammo online, though...might take a few days for delivery...

Sorry for hijacking the thread...

These guys know M1's:

Had a 1947 all Springfield Garand, kept getting the dreaded “Garand Thumb” so sold it to my neighbor who collects WWII weapons

1665021440710.png

Had a 1947 all Springfield Garand, kept getting the dreaded “Garand Thumb” so sold it to my neighbor who collects WWII weapons
I would think one time you would have learned to keep your thumb out of the way.

Ok thumb joke………

Waiter is seen with his thumb stuck in the mashed potatoes of a customers food……

Customer asks him why is your thumb in my mashed potatoes??

Waiter replies I hurt it home so I’m keeping it warm while it heals….

Disgusted the customer says he should stick his thumb up his A..

Waiter replies I do that when I’m in the kitchen………

I would think one time you would have learned to keep your thumb out of the way.

Ok thumb joke………

Waiter is seen with his thumb stuck in the mashed potatoes of a customers food……

Customer asks him why is your thumb in my mashed potatoes??

Waiter replies I hurt it home so I’m keeping it warm while it heals….

Disgusted the customer says he should stick his thumb up his A..

Waiter replies I do that when I’m in the kitchen………
6287CF3D-5DDA-4DD2-9745-E11138059FDB.gif

Linseed oil tends to darken with age. On walnut stocks linseed oil sometimes is what gives the wood a reddish hue. I used tung oil on mine and I believe I added a little acetone to thin it some. Wood seems to soak it up a little better when it is thinned. Mix up enough for several coats. Post pictures when you're done!
It didn't have to age long LOL. After the 2nd application (1/2 linseed & 1/2 paint thinner) dried overnight I see dark spots emerging. Oh well, the wood is protected for this season anyway out in the cold rain & snow.

20221006_132921.jpg
20221006_133011.jpg
20221006_132921.jpg

Mike, Garands in the 6 million range are a rare find. Most that you see tend to be unaltered with all orignial parts that they had when they left Springfield. Nice looking M1.
Yes, sir. That was, as I understand, the end of the government contract. I had a retired Marine armorer check mine out and he said it was original and just about brand new. It even had the cleaning kit in the stock.

Mike

A friend of mine just loved my M-1 and I encouraged him get one. He's in a fight for his life and just doesn't have the funds right now. I found a nice one via a private seller. The gent invited me to his home to see it and cooked up lunch for me as well. Heck, I had to buy it then!
1665087023737.png

1665087078778.png

I took my friend to the range and said, "Here, zero this one for me." It took him about 10 rounds to get 'er dialed in and, naturally, I thanked him for his assistance. When I took him home, he got out and I told him to take the rifle and get it cleaned and greased for me. He jokingly said, "You're really testing our friendship." I replied, "Not really. That M-1 is yours." I left before he could come up with another smart-Alec reply.

Mike

Mike. That's really a kind great deed you did for a friend. In today's world with all the bad awful things going on, it's really nice to know that there are still great people out there who appreciate friendship. Kudo's to you for doing that SIR. Hearing this made my day. Hope your friend wins his fight and his situation improves. Wish we could all have friends like you.

Mike. That's really a kind great deed you did for a friend. In today's world with all the bad awful things going on, it's really nice to know that there are still great people out there who appreciate friendship. Kudo's to you for doing that SIR. Hearing this made my day. Hope your friend wins his fight and his situation improves. Wish we could all have friends like you.
Thank you, sir, but, really, he'd do the same for me if the situations were reversed. We are of opposite political views and have a great time messing with each other. He's like a brother to me.

Mike

Back