testtest

Type of holster you use for EDC

Not a fan of Kydex so all my holsters are leather. IWB for most of my guns is a T&T Gunleather Mike's Special which is a VMII Clone that IMO is slightly lighter that's sits lower with a better cant. They also really stand by their products. When I rarely carry my Sig P365 I use a Don Hume IWB clip leather holster. Lightweight to go with the Sig. If we go to really RARELY used holsters I have a Miami Classic Shoulder Holster and DeSantis Speed Scabbard.

I've been really impressed with my Hidden Hybrid Holster. I have a 2 clip for XD-S 4", and a 1 clip an XD-S 3.3" with a laser for small of back carry. It's a heavy gun for one clip though.

I recently tried a couple of Aliengear Holsters. I did the cloak tuck 3.5 for that XD-S 3.3" with a laser. It is comfortable, but I had to do some surgery on the shell right away to make it work. I question their QA. I also got one of their ShapeShift setups with a velcro pad for my XD-E in the car. That one fit like a glove, so hopefully the Tuck 3.5 was just bad luck.

I've been using the Tuck 3.5 with my XD-S 3.3" lately and it is comfortable and lighter than the HHH, but the polymer clips are extremely stiff. while I'm sure they'll always hold up, the HHH with steel clips is a much easier holster to put on and take off. Their Kydex seems a little thicker too. If i had to do it again, I'd get another HHH.

Ord'd 2 holsters for my EZ9 17 days ago (12 working weekdays), and have rec'd one email response, after I emailed them, and the response was basically a form letter stating they were working on the order. Emailed them a few moments ago to get an update, which I assume will be another form letter stating they will get back to me in 1-4 days. I understand things are possibly slow, due to the ongoing crisis. However, it would be more proactive (imo) if they were to keep their customers better informed of their working status.

Versacarry Commander for my XDe .45, with a single mag pouch on the left side. Gives me 21 rounds on hand. Also have a Mini Scabbard I use if I am doing a lot of driving or sitting, with a double pouch. More comfortable on long drives, same 21 rounds.

Ord'd 2 holsters for my EZ9 17 days ago (12 working weekdays), and have rec'd one email response, after I emailed them, and the response was basically a form letter stating they were working on the order. Emailed them a few moments ago to get an update, which I assume will be another form letter stating they will get back to me in 1-4 days. I understand things are possibly slow, due to the ongoing crisis. However, it would be more proactive (imo) if they were to keep their customers better informed of their working status.
Update:
Now that I've rec'd the holsters for my M&P EZ9, and had a chance to use them, I have to say So far, So good. I use the IWB when venturing out to the store, etc., and the OWB paddle holster at night when taking the dogs out. Will also use the OWB when I get the opportunity for some range time.

SA XD Mod2 9, and XDS9 are carried in Alien Gear (AG) Shapeshifter 4.0 IWB, or OWB Belt Slide. Also bought a AG pocket holster attachment to carry the XDS9 in my pfd when kayaking.

Last edited:
Back