testtest

Type of holster you use for EDC

I’m starting to work my 1911 RO into my EDC Rotation OWB on my right hip. Holster made by Tucker Gunleather.
CB19A708-5C91-4283-B079-02B2EDC1DA5E.jpeg
A437C53F-517B-496C-B5C4-41F10CBED8FE.jpeg

Just curious on what kind of holster and the type you use for EDC, for my S&W Shield I use a DeSantis leather Speed Scabbard OWB.
I carried my Springfield Pistols in the Cross Breed & Ailen Gear IWB, and several pancakes leather and plastic and paddle owb holsters. But the best by far and most comfortable is the Urban Carry G3 holster that I have carried two Springfield Armory Pistols in I first used the Urban Carry G3 with my XDE .45 and now I have one for my Springfield Armory Hell Cat OSP 9MM pistol, it doesn't print in fact with jeans and a tee-shirt or polo shirt it's undetected and comfortable but if you get the Urban Carry G3 you will have to train with it and get used to it but when you do you won't want any other EDC concealed carry holster.

OWB for either IDPA or USPSA I always used Blade Tech if not a speed holster for USPSA. Not a holster I would use for concealed carry as I prefer leather for that but for the shooting sports I like Blade Tech.

I carry a Sig P365 in a generic ODG kydex IWB holster from ebay. My backup is an LCP II pocket-carried in a Sticky Holster. I'm not against paying good money for holsters, but the $20 ebay special has lasted for years with no issues. I have a few leather OWB holsters from Versacarry, but I only carry outside the belt when it is cold enough outside to need multiple layers.

I used to be a leather holster man, but now I like Kydex holsters to and really like them for IWB carry.

After spending WAY too much money on holsters, I’ve found that I prefer 100% Kydex over leather (or a combo of Kydex and leather). In the past, I’ve tried Crossbreed, belly bands, bra holsters, Comptac, Alien Gear, Vedder, etc. Nowadays, I mostly use AIWB holsters since I don’t like to reach behind to feel for a gun... I prefer to reach in front of me. Just seems more efficient.

I only carry one particular gun OWB and I use a Safariland holster for it. All the other guns have an AIWB holster.

My favorite holster maker is Detroit Holster. The owner still checks and returns emails himself. They give a portion of all sales to charity. Turnaround time was only 2 weeks during the summer when all others were backed up for 6 to 8 weeks. Good God-fearing hardworking people. I like em.

After spending WAY too much money on holsters, I’ve found that I prefer 100% Kydex over leather (or a combo of Kydex and leather). In the past, I’ve tried Crossbreed, belly bands, bra holsters, Comptac, Alien Gear, Vedder, etc. Nowadays, I mostly use AIWB holsters since I don’t like to reach behind to feel for a gun... I prefer to reach in front of me. Just seems more efficient.

I only carry one particular gun OWB and I use a Safariland holster for it. All the other guns have an AIWB holster.

My favorite holster maker is Detroit Holster. The owner still checks and returns emails himself. They give a portion of all sales to charity. Turnaround time was only 2 weeks during the summer when all others were backed up for 6 to 8 weeks. Good God-fearing hardworking people. I like em.
It’s important to go with what works. 🤠

Yup.

If I could only find a holster for my USP Expert. Right now I have it attached to a Macguyvered sling... it works but it ain’t pretty.
Remember it’s not a beauty contest, it just needs to function and do it’s job. I stopped worrying about looks a long time ago.
Does it conceal?
Can you access it when you need it?
I could go on but I think you got my point.

Remember it’s not a beauty contest, it just needs to function and do it’s job. I stopped worrying about looks a long time ago.
Does it conceal?
Can you access it when you need it?
I could go on but I think you got my point.

Of course. But I don’t think concealing the Expert is a good goal, lol. It’s pretty huge. The sling definitely makes it accessible though. It will do for now. Until I find a decent OWB holster for it.

I’ve basically got 2 different size slings connected to each other through its grip.

and I put a TLR-2 green laser / flashlight on it... just to make it even bigger.
And you just had to make it bigger 😂😂
Nice looking.
Just a heads up, the TLR-2 has a weak battery/switch door that is prone to breaking at the hinge during shooting,
I know I have one.
You can get replacement doors through Amazon however they don’t come with the main pivot pin so if that is lost you will need to contact the manufacturer for a replacement.

And you just had to make it bigger 😂😂
Nice looking.
Just a heads up, the TLR-2 has a weak battery/switch door that is prone to breaking at the hinge during shooting,
I know I have one.
You can get replacement doors through Amazon however they don’t come with the main pivot pin so if that is lost you will need to contact the manufacturer for a replacement.

Thanks for the info on TLR... I’ve got that same model on my shotgun and the battery door is always a PITA. The light lives on the Expert full time and has survived a few thousand rounds so far. I probably should order some of the doors as extras.

Thanks for the info on TLR... I’ve got that same model on my shotgun and the battery door is always a PITA. The light lives on the Expert full time and has survived a few thousand rounds so far. I probably should order some of the doors as extras.
Through Amazon they are inexpensive and not a bad idea to have an extra or two, my original lasted awhile also then while shooting one day I had parts and batteries all over.

Back