testtest

Unbelievable...

Much like you I have little to no use for most social media, with possible exception of a little email from time to time .... and this forum. You're probably a little too young to remember this, but I didn't even have a 'cordless' phone, much less a 'smart' phone and on top of all that I had to tolerate a 'party' line.

No doubt I was a very underprivileged child !!! ;):):):)
Those wonderful party lines. I grew up in the country and we had two fine , older than dirt , ladies who would get on the phone and didn't want to give it up so anyone else could make a call. They were busy talking about all their aches and pains of the current day. We had to break in on their discussion to be able to make a call.

I have seen young adults , 16 up through the mid twenty's , of my own family sitting at the same table and have conversations through text instead of actually speaking to each other. SMH to see such stupidity. I have said many times that if an EMP were to hit our country and knock out the electronic devices , the youngsters wouldn't know what to do. It really is sad to see so many with their noses stuck to their phone.

Those wonderful party lines. I grew up in the country and we had two fine , older than dirt , ladies who would get on the phone and didn't want to give it up so anyone else could make a call. They were busy talking about all their aches and pains of the current day. We had to break in on their discussion to be able to make a call.

I have seen young adults , 16 up through the mid twenty's , of my own family sitting at the same table and have conversations through text instead of actually speaking to each other. SMH to see such stupidity. I have said many times that if an EMP were to hit our country and knock out the electronic devices , the youngsters wouldn't know what to do. It really is sad to see so many with their noses stuck to their phone.
64 for me in January and I remember party lines for a very brief time in my youth. Today’s youth are at such a disadvantage and have a hard time dealing with adversity. One post mentioned something about where were the parents? Well in today’s world to many kids don’t have parental guidance, those kids shooting at each other probably had very little to none.

64 for me in January and I remember party lines for a very brief time in my youth. Today’s youth are at such a disadvantage and have a hard time dealing with adversity. One post mentioned something about where were the parents? Well in today’s world to many kids don’t have parental guidance, those kids shooting at each other probably had very little to none.
You know like I mention I am 67 I had the greatest respect for my parents even though they weren’t a big part of my life meaning they didn’t get to involve in my everyday life school or work but I still had a enormous amount of respect for them they worked hard but they were old school . They expected you to carry and do good . I miss them dearly

Well, not that it matters since I'm so purty, but I just turned 75 recently. Can't say that I consider myself much of a wise man though. Sometimes it seems much the opposite !!! ;)
HOLY CRAP BATMAN...!!!!

and here i thought you were like in your high 60's. (since you been reloading for 40 years.)

looks like i got some people catching up with me...........

i know what.....race you all to the cemetery...!!!!!!

y'all supposed to be saying,

"Hey Old_Me, that's one race, i'll let YOU win"...!

jesus h. christ............i gotta tell you everything.....................:LOL:
DA6F4F9B-9DFA-4DD5-A48D-4F573BB21872.gif

HOLY CRAP BATMAN...!!!!

and here i thought you were like in your high 60's. (since you been reloading for 40 years.)

looks like i got some people catching up with me...........

i know what.....race you all to the cemetery...!!!!!!
Actually now that I really think about it I've been reloading some amount longer than "nearly 40 yrs" since it's actually been since the early 70's. I guess without really thinking hard I was mostly thinking of beginning loading during the time I was shooting a lot of competition....... that started in the early to mid 80's I think. So yeh, that would have been the "nearly 40 yrs" I guess I was referring to.

Probably really started around 1972-3 IIRC. But the most of it at that time was for my hunting rifles ammo, not so much for my CCW handguns or any handguns for that matter. Early on I did load quite a bit for my comp hand guns, especially my Thompson Center Contender.

Oh yeh, about that race to the cemetary ............... I ain't deliberately intendin' to race anybody to there !!! (y)(y)(y)

Actually now that I really think about it I've been reloading some amount longer than "nearly 40 yrs" since it's actually been since the early 70's. I guess without really thinking hard I was mostly thinking of beginning loading during the time I was shooting a lot of competition....... that started in the early to mid 80's I think. So yeh, that would have been the "nearly 40 yrs" I guess I was referring to.

Probably really started around 1972-3 IIRC. But the most of it at that time was for my hunting rifles ammo, not so much for my CCW handguns or any handguns for that matter. Early on I did load quite a bit for my comp hand guns, especially my Thompson Center Contender.

Oh yeh, about that race to the cemetary ............... I ain't deliberately intendin' to race anybody to there !!! (y)(y)(y)
Ya’ll old 😉🤪
1649642800129.gif

Yep.

Nobody ever did anything stupid before social media.
Hans, it's a good and valid point you've made here, but I would offer the big difference is that before social media there was no opportunity to spread the word about doing some stupid things as there is now. And even more than that is the damned so-called challenges so often seen on platforms like Tik Tok.

Yeh most of us did some stupid stuff back in our day, but it didn't spread like it does today. And usually it didn't stem from a million kids seeing a challenge on Tik Tok or similar ...... it was more like me and a couple buddies saying..... "here, hold my beer and watch this!"

Yeh, y'all know what I'm talkin' about.

Hans, it's a good and valid point you've made here, but I would offer the big difference is that before social media there was no opportunity to spread the word about doing some stupid things as there is now. And even more than that is the damned so-called challenges so often seen on platforms like Tik Tok.

Yeh most of us did some stupid stuff back in our day, but it didn't spread like it does today. And usually it didn't stem from a million kids seeing a challenge on Tik Tok or similar ...... it was more like me and a couple buddies saying..... "here, hold my beer and watch this!"

Yeh, y'all know what I'm talkin' about.

Said every generation about the younger generations since time immemorial. Now we just hear about the dumb things more because…you know, the internets.

Kids do dumb things. Sometimes it’s terminally dumb.

Back