testtest

Unless the terminology is changed from “Assault Rifle”

KillerFord1977

SAINT
Founding Member
Unless the firearms owners in America stand up to the journalists and reporters in America and get them to drop the improper term of “Assault Rifle”, nothing will change in the eyes of the public.
We, as a group of rifle owners, have to correct, email, write, holler and badger the press of America, and the world, to change the term.
It is a rifle! Not an Assault Rifle. The ATF doesnt even call it an Assault Rifle.
The press needs to start calling it what it is. A Rifle!

Unless the firearms owners in America stand up to the journalists and reporters in America and get them to drop the improper term of “Assault Rifle”, nothing will change in the eyes of the public.
We, as a group of rifle owners, have to correct, email, write, holler and badger the press of America, and the world, to change the term.
It is a rifle! Not an Assault Rifle. The ATF doesnt even call it an Assault Rifle.
It's all a part of the "big lie". The AR stands for “ArmaLite Rifle. But then when has the current media allowed facts to get in the way?

You are wasting your breath. Even when corrected, the Media will not abandon that term.
You and I (and thousands of others) know it is a panic button phrase.
Another one I love is : "Common Sense Gun Control".
Their idea of common sense is and outright ban.
The first common sense gun legislation was passed in 1934. It didn't do any good then and all the additional rules and regulations haven't done any good since.

In the news this week, a kid was shot by police in Chicago who was carrying a firearm (pistol).
At thirteen, he was supposedly banned from handgun ownership. Common sense, right?
He had the firearm anyway.
Have you heard one person in the Media address how he got that firearm?
Crickets...

It's all a part of the "big lie". The AR stands for “ArmaLite Rifle. But then when has the current media allowed facts to get in the way?
With media in general, too many are basically mindless attention seekers, seeking to gain more points with little regard of actual cost for their actions, the actual truth or for whoever signs their immediate paychecks? Far too many fail to see or realize it's ultimately the consumer is who's actually paying them? Too many rags go unread and guess what? Their paycheck also disappear too?

I fully agree with the original post here...
But - at the risk of raising anybody’s ire - I want to go back down memory lane a bit to the late 1980s. I distinctly recall that term used by dang near everyone back then, including and perhaps most specifically those of us ‘in the gun-world’. What got me thinking of it was an article titled something like “Assault Rifle Roundup!” in a very popular (and pro 2A) gun mag. I remember drooling over some of their evaluations of civilian market versions of german G3, the FAL (didn’t Sprgfld once make one?), then-futuristic types like Steyr AUG and FAMAS (a few which did hit the US market), Daewoo’s K1 rifle, etc. Funny, but ARs were not prominent and the huge wave AR craze was in the future. AK clones were more or less pooh-poohed...

But the point is, “assault rifle” was the generic term... used by almost everybody back then.
SUV is a similar term for vehicles today that have no sport vehicle or utility vehicle application- most are just passenger cars with expanded ‘trunk space’. Even AWD is an upgrade on most of what we call SUVs.

yeah, the term is incorrect. But we may never get it that message right, and those of us around back in the day, including the industry itself, used it and contributed to the misnomer. Just sayin’...

Back