testtest

Update 03/01/2020.....Tumblers..... Going round and round!

Have washed my first load with my new Frankford Arsenal Platinum Series Rotary Tumbler for Cleaning and Polishing Brass for Reloading.
This unit spins like crazy compared to the Thumbler Tumbler. But then it may be that the TT is really for rocks.
Half the time, 2 hours has the brass looking as I like it.
Wonderful having the screw caps on each end rather than the wing nuts. Very easy to open and close.
I purchased the strainers and it's handy to be able to rinse the load straight through the tumbler body.
Nice to have a timer so I don't have to try and remember what time the load is finished. Or setting an
alarm clock.
Lastly, if you lack anything to do while the brass is cleaning both ends are clear so you can sit and watch
the brass go round!!

I give this a 5 🌟 rating. (y)
Did you finalize on a process yet, and the Dawn / Lemi Shine ratio for the F.A.R.T.? Mine is supposed to arrive tomorrow. Looking forward to it!

Mine is a carefully measured three or four count squirt of Dawn and what amounts
to about a teaspoon full of Lemi Shine...… If you have a light load of brass use half
as much.

With the new tumbler I wash the dirty brass for an hour with a couple squirts of Dawn.
Let them air dry or oven dry then, Size/Decap/Expand.... then the Dawn/Lemi for two
hours. Gets the brass clean and shiny. Primer pockets glisten!
Let them air dry or in the oven if you're in a hurry.

Did you finalize on a process yet, and the Dawn / Lemi Shine ratio for the F.A.R.T.? Mine is supposed to arrive tomorrow. Looking forward to it!
I had experienced leaking problems. Contacted Frankford and they suggested making sure the seals
are wet, then assemble ends. Seems to work pretty good.

Thanks!! Interesting you clean once before decapping, then clean again. First time I've heard that.

I have the Frankford drying unit coming too, hoping that works well.

Thanks!! Interesting you clean once before decapping, then clean again. First time I've heard that.

I have the Frankford drying unit coming too, hoping that works well.
It takes a little extra effort but it keeps the dies clean along with the press area and my hands.
Not necessary for the carbide dies but I like the cases clean.
Now for the steel dies the cases should be cleaned first.
I guess you could say I have a clean cycle and a polish cycle.

Everyone has a method and this works for me.

I think using my convection oven for drying is economical as gas is cheaper than electrical and
I already have the range in the house. In the summer I use sunshine a lot.

It takes a little extra effort but it keeps the dies clean along with the press area and my hands.
Not necessary for the carbide dies but I like the cases clean.
Now for the steel dies the cases should be cleaned first.
I guess you could say I have a clean cycle and a polish cycle.

Everyone has a method and this works for me.

I think using my convection oven for drying is economical as gas is cheaper than electrical and
I already have the range in the house. In the summer I use sunshine a lot.
Here in the PacNW, my sunshine tends to be a little wet. There's a reason Oregon and Washington are so green. ;-)
And, well, Bonneville Power does happen to be in my backyard. lol

I continued to experience leaks with my FART caps, I had to use a strap wrench to tighten the end caps enough to quit the leaks. Cautioned against that by another forum, so I applied silicon grease, normally used to seal water resistant watches after opening. Very thin coat. Did that once nearly 2 years ago and hasn’t leaked since. Now I merely tighten by hand and no drips. Recently added the filter screens and that didn’t require any additional measures.
Another issue with the drive wheels, my tumbler wouldn’t tumble...seemed there wasn’t enough friction between the drive wheel and the barrel. I bought a bicycle inner tube, cut two sections to fit the diameter of the drive wheels, like two fat rubber bands, stretched them over the two drive wheels...never another issue.

Back