testtest

Update 03/01/2020.....Tumblers..... Going round and round!

Do the pins ever wear out or do you have any idea how long pins last?
The pins don’t wear out, but at the rate I’m going, I’ll need to add another lb of pins in about 240 years. I seem to recover 2 to 3 pins inside cases after cleaning, and I’m sure that I’ve dropped a few down the sink...so at the rate of 4 to 5 lost pins per session I’ll need another lb in 2260, probably July or August.

Also, it’s a 7 liter drum, so a bunch of cases. They claim 1,000 223 Rem cases. I know I’ve had over 1500 9mm cases with about 150 or so 40 S&W mixed in...I felt I was pretty close to the limit. I suppose the limit is when the drum won’t spin. However, I’ve even addressed that...I stretched a piece of bicycle inner tube, cut to 2“ wide, over the drive wheels of my F.A.R.T., and it drives through without skipping a beat.

The pins don’t wear out, but at the rate I’m going, I’ll need to add another lb of pins in about 240 years. I seem to recover 2 to 3 pins inside cases after cleaning, and I’m sure that I’ve dropped a few down the sink...so at the rate of 4 to 5 lost pins per session I’ll need another lb in 2260, probably July or August.

Also, it’s a 7 liter drum, so a bunch of cases. They claim 1,000 223 Rem cases. I know I’ve had over 1500 9mm cases with about 150 or so 40 S&W mixed in...I felt I was pretty close to the limit. I suppose the limit is when the drum won’t spin. However, I’ve even addressed that...I stretched a piece of bicycle inner tube, cut to 2“ wide, over the drive wheels of my F.A.R.T., and it drives through without skipping a beat.
That tumbler must be big.

Is there any residue or do the pins need an occasional rinsing?
The pins are stainless...they are also magnetic...at least most of them. They do not get dirty or nasty in any way. As SMSgt Rod says, rinse them with the brass, then separate them out. Some don’t bother to dry the pins. I actually dry fry mine until they slide around in the skillet, then cool them. The tumbler comes with 5lbs of pins. I don’t always put all 5 lbs in the tumbler, though I’m sure it wouldn’t hurt anything.
Right now, Cabela’s has everything from Frankford Arsenal on sale, and this tumbler is listed for about $132. I wish I’d paid that little. But worth every penny.

Soups on......what.....TEXAS.....no bbq?........lol....I never used a wet system like this to clean my brass, I just used corn cob media, your results look good.
For you Annihilator with a basket of fries and a soda on the side!
15835113544911366490560116556069.jpg

Back