testtest

Update: prodigy issues

Jglass

Alpha
Well got my prodigy back from Springfield (I had a jamming machine) and to the range and 300 rounds later, It shot flawlessly! So cool not to have a failure.
Thank you customer service and whoever did the work. 😁
My advice is to anyone having a ftf or fte just let Springfield fix it. Save money.

That's good news. I'm still waiting for SA to address the premature bluing wear issue on my blued 9mm Garrison which they received on March 27th. Maybe they're busy fixing the Prodigy issues. :LOL:

I'm anxious to get the message it's on the way back to me.

Well got my prodigy back from Springfield (I had a jamming machine) and to the range and 300 rounds later, It shot flawlessly! So cool not to have a failure.
Thank you customer service and whoever did the work. 😁
My advice is to anyone having a ftf or fte just let Springfield fix it. Save money.
Did they give you a breakdown of the work
They did?

er

Description

REPAIR 1911 PISTOL

INSPECTED PISTOL

REAMED CHAMBER

POLISHED CHAMBER

POLISHED FEED RAMP

REPLACED PART LISTED

1911-A1 9MM EXTRACTOR, PARK.

SAFETY CHECKED AND TESTED

MAGS

LOCK

SI ZIP CASE

BLACK BOX

I notice most of the guns that get serviced have the chamber reamed. I have a feeling that might be the culprit. I’ve polished my feed ramp and chamber and while they look lovely I don’t think they make that big a difference. I think extractor is low hanging fruit from most service calls. Glad it’s running well for you, I’m sure that relieved a lot of anxiety!

I notice most of the guns that get serviced have the chamber reamed. I have a feeling that might be the culprit. I’ve polished my feed ramp and chamber and while they look lovely I don’t think they make that big a difference. I think extractor is low hanging fruit from most service calls. Glad it’s running well for you, I’m sure that relieved a lot of anxiety!
Yep, almost the same repair list as mine had.

They definitely know what needs to be done to make it run like a champ now.

Hopefully they’re coming that way from the factory now. My recent build functioned perfectly though the first 200. I assume they’re cutting the chamber bigger and polishing the ramp at the factory. Great shooting pistol.

Hopefully they’re coming that way from the factory now. My recent build functioned perfectly though the first 200. I assume they’re cutting the chamber bigger and polishing the ramp at the factory. Great shooting pistol.
I had an early ser # 1400. So ya I figure they did figure it out or it’s a tax write off for them lol

I had a handful of FTF and FTE but I picked mine up first day they were available to the public. SN in the 3000's.

Quick round trip to SA fixed it up - at least 3500rds through it now.

Still hands down the best shooting pistol I have.

My list looked similar to yours, my serial is 22xxx, they replaced my sear spring and adjusted tension on the extractor.
I too think the chamber depth (Reaming) is a big cause of the issues with these.
Well over 5K though mine, probably approaching 6K now. I did replace the recoil spring recently, not because of issues, but because at 5K I thought it was time. I installed a Atlas tool less guide rod, other than the EGW ignition kit, best mod yet. Nice not to have to worry about a Allen wrench, loosen, tighten…etc. I have roughly 300 or so rounds with the new guide rod, zero issues. Some reported issues running hotter ammo, mainly +p. Mine’s only seen 124Gr reloads, a few HST hollow points, but no +p. Flawless. It was on the for sale block…in my head, but after a range trip with my wife last night, I think it’s gonna be a keeper instead. Still like my Staccato better, but the Prodigy is a really fine firearm.

I agree with ya. I have a one piece guide rod also ready to install, I’ve shot my spring and guide rod across my shop a few times now looking forward to the one piece.

I just purchased my pistol, it is not extracting spent round prior to feeding a new one. First 200 round resulted in 4 events. Next day I had a single shot pistol. Tried every magazine and 5 types of ammunition. Guide rod is tight, gun is cleaned and lubed. So sad that something I planned on relying upon for primary carry is unsafe. I await SA response.

I just purchased my pistol, it is not extracting spent round prior to feeding a new one. First 200 round resulted in 4 events. Next day I had a single shot pistol. Tried every magazine and 5 types of ammunition. Guide rod is tight, gun is cleaned and lubed. So sad that something I planned on relying upon for primary carry is unsafe. I await SA response.
I think you've confused unsafe vs unreliable.

Call SA.
Don't wait for an email.
It'll go quicker

My wife: What was that?

Me: silence
IMG_2003.gif

Back