testtest

Updated list of anti-gun businesses

IT DEPENDS ON THE JURISDICTION.

Some states, those signs DO carry force of law. KNOW YOUR LOCAL LAWS.

Here in Maryland...they do not. Same as posted above - we can be asked to leave, and refusal will result in a trespass charge, but that's all (as long as you are licensed to carry).

Just make SURE you know your local laws, or the laws for anywhere you are traveling to or visiting.

It appeared to me he was talking about his state. And I know I was talking about mine. These signs carry no legal weight here. However, if you are asked to leave and you don't ( this incidentally includes being asked to leave for ignoring a " Must wear mask" sign) it is trespassing and the police will remove you and charge you with a misdemeanor.

It appeared to me he was talking about his state. And I know I was talking about mine. These signs carry no legal weight here. However, if you are asked to leave and you don't ( this incidentally includes being asked to leave for ignoring a " Must wear mask" sign) it is trespassing and the police will remove you and charge you with a misdemeanor.
Yes, I was referring to my state - Georgia...

Here in Georgia, those signs really mean nothing. I go in stores concealed carry all the time. If a store owner sees you are carrying, he can ask you to leave. If you refuse and the police are called, you will be charged with trespassing, but no firearm related charges as long as you are legally carrying (ie. have a Weapons Carry License). You'd have to be an idiot not to leave when asked, but it's not against the law to carry in an establishment with a "No Firearms Allowed" sign on the door.
Here in Texas those signs really mean nothing as well. In order for any criminal charges to be brought against you in regards to one of those signs 🪧. The manager or owner of the company has to give you a hand written letter asking you to leave and give a reason why and must be time stamped. If you don’t leave within 30 minutes of that then they can ask the police to remove you (you can not face criminal charges at this time) however if you return after that you are in violation of the law. You can and will be arrested for aggrieved trespassing with a firearm. However there is a lot of steps that must be followed for this to happen. Hasn’t personally happened to me yet but a buddy of mine was approached by an owner of a company with a hand written letter asking him to leave. The owner was cool about it tho. He basically told him look I don’t want to ban you from my store so I only ask that when you return it’s without a visible firearm on your hip.

Here in Illinois the signs carry force of law only if it is the sign designated by the state. There are a few signs in my area such as written " no guns allowed " or " no weapons ... guns , knives , clubs .. etc.... " . Those I ignore but if it is the proper sign I don't carry in them because I don't go in.

They wrote it in the law that Dr. offices and hospitals are off limits with guns so I have to go in these places unarmed. This is the proper signage .... https://www.ispfsb.com/Public/Signage.aspx

Here in Illinois the signs carry force of law only if it is the sign designated by the state. There are a few signs in my area such as written " no guns allowed " or " no weapons ... guns , knives , clubs .. etc.... " . Those I ignore but if it is the proper sign I don't carry in them because I don't go in.

They wrote it in the law that Dr. offices and hospitals are off limits with guns so I have to go in these places unarmed. This is the proper signage .... https://www.ispfsb.com/Public/Signage.aspx
These businesses should change the wording on these signs from “no weapons allowed" to “now entering potential victim zone".

Back