testtest

Used Truck Prices

I have a 2001 f150 best truck ever built I have 280000 miles on it the air conditioner blows cold runs great would never sell it only problem you have to smog it every couple of years so far no problems on that . It was my old work truck for years before I retired

Good for you. I wouldn't give you 13¢ for anything made by Toyota. Have had the misfortune of having had three women in my life who bought one and each was a bigger POS than the previous one.

Toyota: slang phrase in Japanese for "worthless piece of crap"

Luck of the draw brother. I've had 3 Chevy's that were pieces of crap. That doesn't mean Chevy's are junk. My wife is on her 3rd Avalon and not only were they all problem free, 2 of them we made money on when we traded them in. And I am currently driving a Lexus with 200k miles on it that runs just fine and the only thing other than routine maintenance that's been done to it is a master cylinder. My cousin has a Lexus with over 400k miles on it.

Just got a mailer from the Ford dealer says I’m due for a service and recall notification fix.
So I started thinking about the new ‘16 F250 I passed up for $39k and looked online for prices.
Found a ‘17 F250 SC XLT gas 45k miles for $52000 on carvana site. They posted the original 2017 window sticker too....
MSRP $46,000. !!!
I did the math; +5 yrs older, 45000 more miles of wear and tear, and $6000 more expensive.
A pickup truck that appreciated in value - Only in America!

Just got a mailer from the Ford dealer says I’m due for a service and recall notification fix.
So I started thinking about the new ‘16 F250 I passed up for $39k and looked online for prices.
Found a ‘17 F250 SC XLT gas 45k miles for $52000 on carvana site. They posted the original 2017 window sticker too....
MSRP $46,000. !!!
I did the math; +5 yrs older, 45000 more miles of wear and tear, and $6000 more expensive.
A pickup truck that appreciated in value - Only in America!
Only in America during record inflation caused by reckless government spending.

This is crazy chit! Just a few nights ago I looked at the NADA (JD Power) listing for used trucks after hearing some stuff about the crazy prices being offered for used trucks. Well, that and the fact that one of my local dealers had called and offered me one for my truck a couple weeks ago.

I own a 2014 Silverado 1500, <27K miles), trim level LT, that I bought in early 2015. I don't drive a lot anymore and have maintained that truck to a 'T' since it will likely be my last. It has all the options I would have wanted had I ordered it new from the factory (too many to list here) and they all work perfectly. Interior is spotless cause the kids were long gone when I bought it and I rarely let the wife ride in it ...... and never drive it. ;)

Anyway, got to thinking about all the stories of crazy prices and the recent call from the dealer, so I looked. With all options noted, extra, extra low mileage, and the shape it's in ..... NADA's estimate for 'trade in' value was >$16K, and in 'excellent retail' condition ..... >$26K. That number is within about $800 of what I paid for it almost 8 years ago.

Yeh, I'd say those are crazy prices, but I wouldn't even consider selling it for any price. I'd just have to pay those crazy prices to buy another one that I might not like as well.

Back