testtest

USPS is so mismanaged

Oaktree45

Master Class
Last week I ordered new grips for my Heritage Rough Rider from the manufacturer. On Friday I received an email from them stating the grips had been shipped along with a tracking number. According to the tracking number the grips were scheduled to arrive today (Monday). Well, that ain't gonna happen. The grips arrived at the St. Louis facility, which is just 30 miles from my house, on Saturday the 14th. The next stop should have been my local post office but no, the grips are now in Detroit. It will be interesting to see when I actually get those grips...if I get those grips.

i am having similar issues. i got this message at one point. "We were unable to dispatch the trailer on time. This may cause a delay." wow. they are masters of the obvious, aren't they?

Gotta waste money to get rate increases. Gotta ruin stuff to get new stuff.

Never hear the chicken-littles complain about the carbon footprint and snubbing the green energy effort by trucking trailers 24/7 back and forth across state lines to deliver mail, especially when some is from the same state where it was mailed.

Seems like they wait to fill up a few bins of mail just to ship it to an unnecessary distribution center to be re-sorted and to justify the building that/those “modern” facilities? Are the USPS facilities having staffing problems?

It’s all about jobs and governors.

I wonder if USPS OTR truck drivers make as much as a hamburger flipper.
Maybe it’s all a plan, a fabricated job shortage of drivers and sorters, and looky there….a jobs program to address the influx of migrated job seekers.

Fed-Ex is the same way if not worst. Story: I had ordered a replacement wheel for my daughter's car. From a re-manufacturer in Southbend, IN and I was thinking cool I'm here in Westfield, IN right off of US31 just a 116 Miles or so from Southbend. Right.... So I received a tracking number and I started tracking the package. Well it's first stop was Bloomington,IN and I was thinking no biggie, only 56 miles from me. The next day and I looked at the tracking, and it is located in St. Paul, MN yes over 578 miles away. I was thinking maybe there was a mistake in my address. So I called and ask, oh no my address was correct. So I signed up for notifications and the next stop was Dyersburg,TN now that's 830 plus miles from St. Paul, MN and now its been 4 days and is currently 405 plus miles from me. I was thinking well it must be getting closer from now on. So the next day I received an notification that it was out for delivery. From Hammond, IN up by Chicago 456 + Miles from Dyersburg, TN, and is now only 152 miles away. So 5 days and 2,473 miles give or take 10 or so. I finally received the wheel, that was purchased for $193 + free shipping. Fed-Ex is just amazing.

yes sir i had the run form helll last week ...they just keep getting worse
this morning our post office posted job openings for carriers start at 38k...not great , but pretty decent here
our local post master is a freaking joke, she is never there, VAPES in the ,lobby around customers, even though there is a big sing on door to say no vaping or smoking or tobacco use in the building...her bosses in dallas dont care
she wont answer phone calls or see you about mail issues ever... pure crappppp

For whatever reason, Fed-Ex and UPS are much more reliable where I live. I almost always get a package delivered on the day it's supposed to be and it doesn't go on a wild goose chase all over the country first.

Last week, my neighborhood didn't get a mail delivery until well after 6PM. In fact one night the mail truck didn't make the rounds until 9PM, well after dark. My area has been hit by a group of "mail thieves" who are stealing mail out of residental mail boxes looking for checks and account numbers. It's not even safe to drop your mail off at the big blue boxes outside of post offices. Several area mail carriers have been robbed at gun point of their keys which open these boxes.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crim...tside,amount of mail was stolen from each one.

Last week, my neighborhood didn't get a mail delivery until well after 6PM. In fact one night the mail truck didn't make the rounds until 9PM, well after dark.

Not uncommon at all with USPS where I live that I'm still checking tracking info after 6 or 7 pm for something that is still "Out for Delivery." And then, when they've screwed up the package delivery and put it in someone else's box, or put it in a parcel locker and not given me a key for the locker, I have to wait till the next day to go down to USPS and try to get it straightened out, which I've had to do many, many times. It just doesn't seem like the job is that hard...

Last week I ordered new grips for my Heritage Rough Rider from the manufacturer. On Friday I received an email from them stating the grips had been shipped along with a tracking number. According to the tracking number the grips were scheduled to arrive today (Monday). Well, that ain't gonna happen. The grips arrived at the St. Louis facility, which is just 30 miles from my house, on Saturday the 14th. The next stop should have been my local post office but no, the grips are now in Detroit. It will be interesting to see when I actually get those grips...if I get those grips.
well, the USPS just wants every package to have a fun and exciting and educational, voyage to thier destinations.

the philosophy is that a happy trip cross country, makes for a happy package.

to avoid this happiness, i choose to pay extra for Priority Mail, and get my unhappy packages in less then 4 days, usually just 3 days.

however, when i open up my packages..??

the product pisses in my face, cuz they are not happy packages.

so get happy packages.......of pissed off ones......???

seriously, this happens to me........several destinational stops.

Well, with one exception I can think of, over the past 4-5 years I've had pretty good service in my deliveries regardless of service provider. The one time I mention was when I ordered a couple powder containers for a loading press ... but instead of ordering from the manufacturer, I opted to order from a "home grown, 3D printing, operation. Well, the two bottles made a trip virtually around the country and was shown delayed after delayed. It turns out the original shipper had started out on Fed Ex, but then later the package was transferred to something called 'Smart Shipper' or something similar. I had never heard of it and hope to never hear of it again. By it going from one carrier to another, they kept passing the buck. I finally got tired of waiting and reordered direct from the OE manufacturer and had them in a short 2+ days. Finally, a week later the original order showed up with no explanation, apology or anything else but the two bottles. When I contacted the original order source about returning them, they said just keep them for your inconvenience. Oh well!

Well, with one exception I can think of, over the past 4-5 years I've had pretty good service in my deliveries regardless of service provider. The one time I mention was when I ordered a couple powder containers for a loading press ... but instead of ordering from the manufacturer, I opted to order from a "home grown, 3D printing, operation. Well, the two bottles made a trip virtually around the country and was shown delayed after delayed. It turns out the original shipper had started out on Fed Ex, but then later the package was transferred to something called 'Smart Shipper' or something similar. I had never heard of it and hope to never hear of it again. By it going from one carrier to another, they kept passing the buck. I finally got tired of waiting and reordered direct from the OE manufacturer and had them in a short 2+ days. Finally, a week later the original order showed up with no explanation, apology or anything else but the two bottles. When I contacted the original order source about returning them, they said just keep them for your inconvenience. Oh well!
smart shipper is fed ex to usps for final delivery.

ups mail solutions is to usps for final delivery

The USPS is so bad where I live I will call places I want to order from to find out who they use as a shipper, if they say the USPS I will tell them I’ll pay extra to have it shipped UPS or FedEx, most places are ok with that. If they say no I order what I want from someone else.

Hmm. The St. Louis downtown USPS facility is about 40 miles from my house.

When I buy something from Midway it ships UPS. They send it to KC first, then it heads this way. I could drive there and get it in 2 hours but it takes 5 days for them to ship it.

The USPS is so bad where I live I will call places I want to order from to find out who they use as a shipper, if they say the USPS I will tell them I’ll pay extra to have it shipped UPS or FedEx, most places are ok with that. If they say no I order what I want from someone else.
we have to do fed ex shipping of my wifes meds from express scripts..or we may not get her meds until she is out by weeks.. law only lets her get 90 days at a time and penalty if order early to combat usps crap... its sucks

I had two packages that, as of last night, USPS said would be delivered today. I checked tracking info first thing this morning, and one was sitting 400 miles away, and the other was 900 miles away - pretty obvious they weren't going to be delivered today. And then, the USPS tracking function has been "unavailable" all afternoon and I haven't been able to get any info since.

If this was a for-profit business, it wouldn't exist.

Yea! USPS finally delivered the grips for my revolver this morning. I really think the new wood grips give the revolver a traditional look over the plastic American Flag grips.

IMG_2330_1.jpg

IMG_2153_1.jpg

You can thank Post Master General Louis DeJoy for USPS's current problems. Trump, President at the time, got him appointed to the position. Right off the bat DeJoy started cutting anything and everything he could. In the process he really screwed up the already overloaded USPS.
Most believe that Trump put him there for the sole purpose of screwing up the mail-in vote in 2020. The dems leave him there because, unknown to most citizens, there's nothing more they would like to see than the USPS fail and going to all private mail service.

Back