testtest

Utah bill

In Utah it might work, but in schools in the suburbs (like where I once worked) where many of the young teachers have never even held a firearm much less ever shot one I suspect it would be a disaster.
That might make them better Candidate than career cops! Ed Monk and Paul Howe train a lot of school staff and both have taught newish staff to qualify in tight standards (as in more stringent than a state LE qual) and at the end of the 3 days several 30 year LEOs couldn’t qualify on the same course.

So I’d don’t right it could and should be a great benifit however is a school Corp lets their political poster boy run things they shouldn’t be it will work fine UNTIL the attacker shows up then another Uvalde with double digest victim count

In Utah it might work, but in schools in the suburbs (like where I once worked) where many of the young teachers have never even held a firearm much less ever shot one I suspect it would be a disaster.
All it takes is for even one teacher who owns firearms to step up to the program. School doesn't need 20 armed teachers. Though they could.
Even 1 teacher could possibly prevent a tragedy

Not sure where I fall on this one.
I agree a gun free zone is a soft target.
i have for a long time now, been in favor of a "few" teachers at each school be armed. reason for a "few" is that one or two can be out sick, or on maternity/family leave, one can be at the far end of the campus, etc.

they should also "be armed" with police radios. in fact, ALL the teachers should be armed with police radios.

just as long as the cops responding, are not the cowards that were on the job at Uvalde.

One thing is certain: if possible, one bent upon the cowardly destruction of life will select a soft, unguarded zone.

My sister and my niece are both teachers and swear that they would prefer to focus on teaching instead of hoping to not shoot one of their students. They would prefer that the schools hire off duty police officers or highly trained armed security.

Having taken both of them to the range, I am inclined to agree.

Back