testtest

UTG for the win, the ultimate MP5 accessory

xdman

Self appointed Chief Armorer
Staff member
IMG_1388.jpeg
Oh holy HK, please forgive me for I have sinned by improving the SP5 with UTG pro.

Actually I have to give credit where it is due, UTG’s Pro line is American made and a really great piece of equipment. Solid lock up and perfectly fit my HK & Zenith guns. I dare say UTG out engineered the Germans. Where my Zenith is a Die Hard clone, with the HK I wanted to go modern. Magpul Stock, UTG pro monolith rail, Unity Tactical mount, Aimpoint RDS, streamlight Protac. One note, I love the unity mounts on AR’s, but I need the shorter version since the Micro is too tall when used with the collapsible stock, I need a Micro-S instead.

IMG_1382.jpeg

IMG_1381.jpeg

IMG_1384.jpeg

IMG_1383.jpeg

IMG_1390.jpeg

Uncanny XDman, I've been researching several days on which pistol brace or stock I want for my soon to be acquired HK SP5. Still haven't decided which brace/stock to go with...information is sparse on comparisons (that I've found). So your go-to is a Magpul? HK OEM stocks/braces are $550 and up...but I'd spend it if I thought is was worth it (given the $3k tag on a new SP5), but that's more than I have in several entire guns...Your thoughts on the BEST stock/brace for an HK SP5?

Sorry to hijack your thread on a semi-unrelated topic...

Uncanny XDman, I've been researching several days on which pistol brace or stock I want for my soon to be acquired HK SP5. Still haven't decided which brace/stock to go with...information is sparse on comparisons (that I've found). So your go-to is a Magpul? HK OEM stocks/braces are $550 and up...but I'd spend it if I thought is was worth it (given the $3k tag on a new SP5), but that's more than I have in several entire guns...Your thoughts on the BEST stock/brace for an HK SP5?

The magpul is a nice stock for the money . Have one on my AP5

So I have a real deal HK collapsible, on the Zenith, but when I bought it years ago it was already 500 plus, I bought the Magpul to compare, for a fifth the price the Magpul does not leave me wanting. Magpul did a great job.

Last edited:
You’re late to the game brother. And what the heck is that monstrosity on top of yours?

View attachment 49508
View attachment 49509
Damn I posted this to get some real hate, for the HK sacrilege. Aimpoint RDS, on a Unity Tactical Micro, the Micro is awsome on the AR platform easpecilly with earpro. On this it is too tall with the collapsible stock, I need to move to the Unity Tactical Micro-S version.

Damn I posted this to get some real hate, for the HK sacrilege. Aimpoint RDS, on a Unity Tactical Micro, the Micro is awsome on the AR platform easpecilly with earpro. On this it is too tall with the collapsible stock, I need to move to the Unity Tactical Micro-S version.
A lot of guys on HKPro really got up in arms about the UTG Handguard but if it had been made by HK or BT they would have lauded it. I took my AP5 to a shoot with a bunch of SWAT guys and everyone wanted to take pictures of it. For less than $200 it’s an amazing amount of coolness. And the pic rail is as good as you can get.

A lot of guys on HKPro really got up in arms about the UTG Handguard but if it had been made by HK or BT they would have lauded it. I took my AP5 to a shoot with a bunch of SWAT guys and everyone wanted to take pictures of it. For less than $200 it’s an amazing amount of coolness. And the pic rail is as good as you can get.
125 on sale at optics planet, I could not pass on it, and I like it enough it will be permanent addition.

You’re late to the game brother. And what the heck is that monstrosity on top of yours?

View attachment 49508
View attachment 49509
OK - you convinced me....well, and the price from Optics Planet right now - $127 w/ free shipping.
I was happy with my midwest industries handguard......oh, well.....DAMN this hobby!!

(Oh yeah - Magpul stock is great for my needs. No need to spend the extra 100s on something else. Function over cost/vanity for me here,)

1703656419127.png

I'd love to see your POI at 100 yards when zeroed at 25 with that height-over-bore. Just for schnitz...

After a few minutes of hemming and hawing I just bought the Magpul SL from Midway...$160 after tax, free delivery. YOLO. Thanks for the replies. Now the SP5...got that little issue of property taxes and HO insurance due, however...I see February as a good month coming up...You guys are a terrible influence on my checking account.

That handguard is awesome, I have several UTG products. all have been good. their customer service is awesome too. But that tall sight gotta go. :ROFLMAO: reminded me of this crazy looking contraption.

I'd love to see your POI at 100 yards when zeroed at 25 with that height-over-bore. Just for schnitz...
On an AR it ends up putting the red dot damn near where it would have been when mounted when attached on top of carry handle. Like Blood Diamond or Black Hawk Down. This height allows you to keep your head more vertical, easier shooting with Nods, or big earpro. Instead of pushing your ear into the stock moving your ear pro, with a vertical head alignment it doesn’t matter. Look how high this Aimpoint is, it worked.

IMG_1452.png

Back