testtest

Venison Lasagna

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member
Looking for a super hearty meal to feed the masses? This is it! Lasagna is such a perfect winter meal: rich and delicious!

Venison lasagna

moss%20-%20venison%20lasagna.png

Nope guess I was wrong she said tenderloin but it's actually chops. Tonight is weekly saturday dinner with my mother and she wanted venison because she said she had not had it since dad died.

I took elk fajitas to a work potluck and everyone loved them. I didn't let them know it was elk until a few hours later because we had some squeamish folks on the team.

Yum yum! We made two batches over Christmas and New Years holidays. We have about half of the last batch in the freezer. Good eating!

When grinding venison for burger you already mix it with pork trimmings. Otherwise there is no fat content. When grinding it for breakfast sausage you also use pork trimmings, but you add some specific spices, fennel, sage, thyme, etc.

When grinding venison for burger you already mix it with pork trimmings. Otherwise there is no fat content. When grinding it for breakfast sausage you also use pork trimmings, but you add some specific spices, fennel, sage, thyme, etc.
On one doe I used 50% hamburger and 50% venison. On the other I used 50% venison and 50% sausage. It can go either way.

Back