testtest

very serious self defense question

concealed carry INSIDE store, or open carry ??

• Total voters
How about six, one, half-dozen, the other. 1st I'm not buying if you open carry you are the first target. Not all criminals are Professor James Moriarty, even all think they are, but they are not all as dumb as a sack of cat food either. A lot depends on what you call open carry. Inside the waist band with the handle above the belt and no cover garment, or a small auto/snub nose revolver OWB, Vs a Highly polished Ruger Blackhawk in a tiedown "western" rig. As for scaring the customers, most have their head stuck so far up their ahhhh, phone to know if you were a person or a dancing pink elephant. I open carry when working around the homestead, hunting, fishing, and general banging about the woods. Other than that, the less people know what I got the better I like it.

i know i forget to mention, it is not a 24 hour store.

they close at 10PM, 6 days a week, sundays at 6 PM.

the area is "fairly good", with good customers, with the exception of 2 streets, up the road a bit, where the weekly average pay is lower than the rest of the customers. not poor, not dirt poor either.

this is what one of the owners told me, they should know the area, they been there a long time.

From dealing with real street thugs and gang banners. The serious ones are not deterred from the sight of a gun. The mere presence alone will not ward off evil spirits and I. Fact might get stolen. Thefts of open carriers firearms are far more common than that whole “first one shot” if they come in shooting they are shooting everyone.

From dealing with real street thugs and gang banners. The serious ones are not deterred from the sight of a gun. The mere presence alone will not ward off evil spirits and I. Fact might get stolen. Thefts of open carriers firearms are far more common than that whole “first one shot” if they come in shooting they are shooting everyone.
yeah, i know about the thefts of open carry, i seen a few videos on that.

i gave it a thought on open carry, but i know it's not a good idea.

i'd be very surprised if the owner said it's ok, over concealed.

I would never open carry.

Having said that, if you're going to carry a gun on the clock you had better get written permission from those people.

You had better make sure that their business insurance covers you or your legal bills should you ever have to draw that gun while you're acting as their agent.

And you'd better make sure that you're covered under workman's comp.

Concealed.

I thought I wanted to be a bartender until I worked in a liquor store. Decided I don't like dealing with drunks. At least in the store, they don't usually stay long. Manager where I worked chased a shoplifter to the parking lot. Lifter hit with the car and killed him.

Be sure you've done your mental reps concerning when you would draw.

Good luck with your new job.

I don't know how many states have open carry. We have open carry in Texas. A few years ago for less than a week I opened carried just to see how the general public would react. Although I didn't get any verbal comments I got numerous stares and some even showed fear on their faces. I believe in constitutional carry but I do worry about people carrying that may or may not have very much or any training. The license to carry permits at least show some knowledge in firearms The classroom portion does give info on state laws and use of lethal force. Granted, the range qualification isn't very difficult but it's a start and puts a little bit of stress on shooters.

I don't know how many states have open carry. We have open carry in Texas. A few years ago for less than a week I opened carried just to see how the general public would react. Although I didn't get any verbal comments I got numerous stares and some even showed fear on their faces. I believe in constitutional carry but I do worry about people carrying that may or may not have very much or any training. The license to carry permits at least show some knowledge in firearms The classroom portion does give info on state laws and use of lethal force. Granted, the range qualification isn't very difficult but it's a start and puts a little bit of stress on shooters.

One of the things I seem to notice is a large number of open carriers act like the mere presence of their firearm is some kind of magic that the mere appearance will ward off evil. They are sadly mistaken.

I’ve spent a lot of time in Seattle where aggressive panhandling takes place or folks with mental issues or drug influence approach you. You can not legally shoot 90 plus percent of the situations you find yourself in. So most folks would be well advised to have some pepper spray and avoidance techniques.

One of the things I seem to notice is a large number of open carriers act like the mere presence of their firearm is some kind of magic that the mere appearance will ward off evil. They are sadly mistaken.

I’ve spent a lot of time in Seattle where aggressive panhandling takes place or folks with mental issues or drug influence approach you. You can not legally shoot 90 plus percent of the situations you find yourself in. So most folks would be well advised to have some pepper spray and avoidance techniques.
Just a few minutes ago I added this to new posts

ok, thanks people...the general consensus is concealed, and frankly, i'd have expected no less than that response.

(i had done further reading on this subject, as i sit here)

now, all i have to wait on, is that phone call for the job offer, and as i mentioned, abided by thier rules to carry or not, in thier store.
I would also add, concealed, but accessible. Keeping it in an ankle holster or under several layers of clothing might not be a good idea.

Back