testtest

Walther p22q

Anyone have experience with this? I’m looking to get another .22lr pistol and this is at the top of my list. I already have a target pistol in the S&W Victory, but want something more in the tactical style as well. I’ve also considered the Sig p322, but I really like the look and feel of the Walther. Anyone have one or both? Or have experience with or a preference? FYI, I’ve handled the Taurus TX22, and it doesn’t really feel quite right to me, so I’ve ruled that out. Thanks.

Anyone have experience with this? I’m looking to get another .22lr pistol and this is at the top of my list. I already have a target pistol in the S&W Victory, but want something more in the tactical style as well. I’ve also considered the Sig p322, but I really like the look and feel of the Walther. Anyone have one or both? Or have experience with or a preference? FYI, I’ve handled the Taurus TX22, and it doesn’t really feel quite right to me, so I’ve ruled that out. Thanks.

Little high on MSRP, but my dealer has them for around $569.00

No experience with the walther but i have the s&w m&p22 compact. It is pretty nice. I use it to introduce new shooters to handguns and to plink with along with my ruger mark i when i’m in a .22 mood. Controls are the same as my m&p9 and fits my hand well. However, if you have large hands it may be a bit small for you.
I’ve heard good things about the ruger sr22. That was my second choice for a .22 handgun. The mark iv tactical also looks pretty cool to have. Something to consider.

My LGS has a few Walther .22lr options in the $400.00 range.

My LGS has a few Walther .22lr options in the $400.00 range.

The P22q I’m looking at is around $340. I may just pick it up. Not like it’s breaking the bank at that price.

The P22q I’m looking at is around $340. I may just pick it up. Not like it’s breaking the bank at that price.
I've seen some less than pleasing reviews with the original P22Q. I would recommend doing a little homework before buying one. The reviews I've read are a few years old now so maybe things have changed.

I've seen some less than pleasing reviews with the original P22Q. I would recommend doing a little homework before buying one. The reviews I've read are a few years old now so maybe things have changed.
The original was the p22. The new one is the p22q. I’ve read the articles and reviews on the original as well. From the reviews I’ve read, Walther seems to have addressed those issues with the new p22q.

The original was the p22. The new one is the p22q. I’ve read the articles and reviews on the original as well. From the reviews I’ve read, Walther seems to have addressed those issues with the new p22q.
Awesome!

I've been looking at the Walther PPQM2 threaded model as a potential new aquire.

i got a p22q for my wife to shoot since 9mm hurts her hand.
I polished the feed ramp and it runs very well.
I recently picked up a Taurus TX22 compact with a Riton red dot for 320 dollars.
I polished the feed ramp, sear and striker and I hate admit this but the trigger is better than my XDM elite with the meta trigger.
she now doesn't like the p22q as much and wants to shoot the tx22.

the Tx22 has run very well so far with only about 500 rounds through it and is very accurate.

This is a fun gun that shoots well.

I have a Walther PPQ .22lr which I've had for years and it runs great. It's a .22lr version of the center fire gun so the same size and everything. No issues at all, even eats the cheaper bulk ammo well. I think the P22Q is compact while the PPQ is full size. You would probably be happier in the long run going with Walther then Taurus.

I have a Walther PPQ .22lr which I've had for years and it runs great. It's a .22lr version of the center fire gun so the same size and everything. No issues at all, even eats the cheaper bulk ammo well. I think the P22Q is compact while the PPQ is full size. You would probably be happier in the long run going with Walther then Taurus.
Well now I have both the tx22 compact with a red dotand the p22q.
Time will tell which one is better.

Back