testtest

Warranty question

Okay so wensday I went to my local gun shop that does work on firearms well I had a stripped out screw in my hellcat osp and had my red dot installed well the dude who got it out left the slide on the frame and heated it up and looks like it bubbled up the frame and tryed to smooth it out and it hasn't acted right sense at first barley pulling the trigger the entire slide would move with it I locked slide back flipped the break down lever and tryed to take it apart it come apart but didn't feel normal noticed the burn mark under the right sides safety and that it was sanded down went ahead and cleaned it and oiled it and put it back togeather racked the slide (no mag inserted) and it seemed to rack fine went to pull trigger it seemed alot harder to pull and every other trigger pull it seemed to catch half way through the trigger pull its after a few times it got a tad better but still don't trust the gun at this point And the shop refuses to do anything about it will springfield warranty it or is that a no go?
20210508_171339.jpg

Well, my opinion only here, the gun shop should be responsible for what they did to your gun, if they don’t take responsibility for it, I would not do any business with them in the future, as for the warranty, I can’t say, but my guess would be no, but Springfield has great CS, if you explain what happened, they may.

Okay so wensday I went to my local gun shop that does work on firearms well I had a stripped out screw in my hellcat osp and had my red dot installed well the dude who got it out left the slide on the frame and heated it up and looks like it bubbled up the frame and tryed to smooth it out and it hasn't acted right sense at first barley pulling the trigger the entire slide would move with it I locked slide back flipped the break down lever and tryed to take it apart it come apart but didn't feel normal noticed the burn mark under the right sides safety and that it was sanded down went ahead and cleaned it and oiled it and put it back togeather racked the slide (no mag inserted) and it seemed to rack fine went to pull trigger it seemed alot harder to pull and every other trigger pull it seemed to catch half way through the trigger pull its after a few times it got a tad better but still don't trust the gun at this point And the shop refuses to do anything about it will springfield warranty it or is that a no go?View attachment 17344
I seriously question what they used. Did they take a torch to it? I used a high temp soldering iron to get mine loose and had no issues.

In tricky situations like that? Can also try heating up whatever driver shank fits screw instead of screw itself while driver's connected to screw with torch. The heat transfers from driver to screw with heatsink of some sort (Vice grip type pliers.) applied to driver handle to eliminate/minimize melting driver handle. .

Method sometimes works best when work is held upside down, depends on application.
Remember heat travels upwards.

On filed plastic? Can sometimes paint with plastic type paint. Also, if very experienced with plastics, can get sheen back by heating up some sorts of plastic. Can be tricky. Too much heat will burn plastic instead of simply putting sheen on it.

On warranty? Just explain to SA tried to do what could best at time and it backfired?
SA's customer Service is top notch from my experience. They'll likely try to help you any way they can. Good luck!

Damn that sucks, the shop should take care of it. The plate that comes on the Hellcat is polymer, did they melt that plate as well?

Back