testtest

Watch perfection?

I feel like there were other watch threads but can't seem to find em. Just picked this one up in time for the upcoming playoff run. Not my usual style but they were on crazy sale so I treated myself.

PXL_20230310_005859658.jpg
PXL_20230310_005911361.jpg

PXL_20230310_005929975.jpg

PXL_20230310_005938775.jpg

I feel like there were other watch threads but can't seem to find em. Just picked this one up in time for the upcoming playoff run. Not my usual style but they were on crazy sale so I treated myself.

View attachment 37531View attachment 37532

View attachment 37533

View attachment 37534
That booger looks like a monster. My wrist aches just looking lol.

Wear it in good health my friend. The Wings did better this year, long ways to get back to thier glory day form but there is hope.

I have some nice watches but since I retired for me it’s hard to put a watch on you the iPhone that’s all you need . But I do try in fact this week I have the tag on I hate wasting them I do keep them going because I think if you let the battery die it might leak in there

It is definitely a monster lol. I'm a big guy, but even this watch is gonna look a bit big on me haha.
I have gone the other way, used to like them in the 44, 45 mm size but now 40 is preferable. Much larger than that automatics tend to be too thick and heavy for all day comfort these days.

I am looking a decent ricebead bracelet for this one now to dress it up a tad sometimes.

20230227_141341.jpg

I've got a nice Bulova Automatic, it might be my favorite. If I ever decide I want to really splurge, it would be on a Breitling most likely. But i'm just not sure I could ever spend that much on a watch.
My all time favorite watch is a 1969 Bulova Snorkle. Bought it in early 70s by mowing lawns. It's the right one in this pic.

SS851785.jpg

I did the expensive watch thing when I was working in IT. Sold them all off and actually helped fund a hunting cabin when I got the epiphany that the last one I bought a Rolex GMT Master with peosi bezel like that citizen did not bring me 100 times more joy than my cheaper ones. As a matter of fact all I did was worry about dings.

Last edited:
My all time favorite watch is a 1969 Bulova Snorkle. Bought it in early 70s by mowing lawns. It's the right one in this pic.

View attachment 37536

I did the expensive watch thing when I was working in IT. Sold them all off and actually helped fund a hunting cabin when I got the epiphany that the last one I bought a Rolex GMT Master with peosi bezel like that citizen did not bring me 100 times more joy than my cheaper ones. As a matter of fact all I did was worry about dings.

This is my Automatic.

1678416437167.png

1678416476359.png

You do know your watches sld
I am a sucker for dive watches, cushion cases, coin edged divers bezels, pepsi GMTs, rice bead bracelets and orange dialed divers lol all of which with the exception of the Pepsi bezel were present on the very fist watch I bought which created my taste, the 1969 Bulova Snorkle "Devil diver" so called because it was water proof to 666 feet.

The Pepsi GMT came from Magnum PI, which Tom Selkeck still wears. It was the only prop he took after the show.

I am a sucker for dive watches, cushion cases, coin edged divers bezels, pepsi GMTs, rice bead bracelets and orange dialed divers lol all of which with the exception of the Pepsi bezel were present on the very fist watch I bought which created my taste, the 1969 Bulova Snorkle "Devil diver" so called because it was water proof to 666 feet.

The Pepsi GMT came from Magnum PI, which Tom Selkeck still wears. It was the only prop he took after the show.
From what I see the seiko worth about 200. To 250. Thsnks for the watch number it is the exact one like I said you know your watches update the automatic is working fine unbelievable I haven’t worn this probably close to 50 years keeps on ticking

Back