testtest

Watch your footing. It’s could be a long drop.

KLGunner

Staff member
So this morning an electrical issue was found in my home. While trying to figure out the issue going back and forth between the attic and room. I stepped on a board I thought was nailed down and well you can guess the end result. The board slipped and through the ceiling I went. I smacked my foot on something on the way down to the point where I can’t bare weight on it. I sang soprano for a few minutes because apparently I unintentionally did the splits as one leg tried to climb a rafter upwards as I went down cracking my boys on another rafter. After dangling there for a few minutes I was able to muster up the strength to climb back up into the attic and onto a flat hard surface and craw to the ladder out of the attic. Needless to say I now still have to fix the electrical issue and now I have to replace a ceiling in the room. It’s gonna be a long expensive weekend. I hope y’all have had a better day then me.

That doesn't sound like fun. Hope the foot isn't too serious, but definitely get it looked at. I smashed my foot with a 50lb oak plank a few months back and proceeded to walk on it despite severe pain and massive swelling for 3 days until I finally went to the doctor who advised it was broken in a few places. Don't be foolish like me lol.

That doesn't sound like fun. Hope the foot isn't too serious, but definitely get it looked at. I smashed my foot with a 50lb oak plank a few months back and proceeded to walk on it despite severe pain and massive swelling for 3 days until I finally went to the doctor who advised it was broken in a few places. Don't be foolish like me lol.
I just got home from the ER full check up and they put me in crutches and a flank boot and I need to follow up with an orthopedic doc asap. But nothing is broken or out of place that they can tell. But I will be sore and stiff for a week.

I just got home from the ER full check up and they put me in crutches and a flank boot and I need to follow up with an orthopedic doc asap. But nothing is broken or out of place that they can tell. But I will be sore and stiff for a week.
Ok that really sucks KL but glad it doesn’t sound like anything is broken, just think now you have a home improvement project to look forward to.
Be careful with the electrical problem, if not that could be another whole world of hurt or worse.

When I had my home improvement business I was always on ladders, someone told me once is to never step back to admire your work until you know your on the ground.

I’m sorry, I just can’t help myself.
E068B1A6-A53F-4627-9DFB-27FBEF74CDF5.jpeg

Here's to wishing you a speedy recovery, bruddah!

I again injured my right ankle two weeks ago, shortly after my FIL's funeral. Initial X-rays the following day suggested that it was just a sprain, so I was placed in my favorite fashion accessory, that walking boot you're now in. 😅 I returned to my ortho for a more detailed work-up as the pain had been bad enough in the five subsequent days that I hadn't really slept at all, and we did see that I did have a fracture after all.

I'm in a cast (if the fracture doesn't displace, I can avoid surgery) and non-weight-bearing for the next four weeks at least - and I had to swallow my pride and buy a wheelchair as the angle at which they have my leg casted makes even the use of a knee-scooter near-impossible...and I can't cook while on crutches. :(

I hope yours does turn out to be as simple as they say - and take care and heal fast!

Back