testtest

Waypoint 2020 Accuracy Issue

Whiteeye

Alpha
Took my new WP2020 6.5CM CB to the range today for the first time. Needless to say, I am extremely disappointed in the initial accuracy of this $2k+ gun. 1.49" MOA is nowhere near .75" MOA guaranteed. Has anyone else had this issue? I have a $300 savage that is more accurate than this..... This was with factory 143g ELD-X.

WP2020 First Group.jpg

Last edited:
Took my new WP2020 6.5CM CB to the range today. (See attached Photo) Needless to say, I am extremely disappointed in the initial accuracy of this $2k+ gun. 1.49" MOA is nowhere near .75" MOA guaranteed. Has anyone else had this issue? I have a $300 savage that is more accurate than this..... This was with factory 143g ELD-X.View attachment 26157
Not familiar with the WP2020. But if it's a very modern $2000 precision bolt gun. It should be punching clover leaves no problem at 100. Providing the shooter is a good marksmen.

Yes! Savages are Awesome!

All just my opinion! Shoot fun, shoot safe and shoot straight!

No argument here! I'm just saying if it's a good precision bolt gun. It should be punching clover leaves at 100. Mine dose and it's a .308

Took my new WP2020 6.5CM CB to the range today for the first time. Needless to say, I am extremely disappointed in the initial accuracy of this $2k+ gun. 1.49" MOA is nowhere near .75" MOA guaranteed. Has anyone else had this issue? I have a $300 savage that is more accurate than this..... This was with factory 143g ELD-X.

View attachment 26157
OK, I’m starting to wonder if maybe it’s the Hornady ammo? I have gone through two Savage 110 tactical‘s in 6.5 PRC that will not group worth a crap with that ammo. I wish I had some Federal.

These are my groups with my Savage Impulse in 65 Creedmoor using federal ammo. Three round groups and the first 20 rounds put through the rifle.

Attachments

• 33AFC3C0-79AE-497C-9138-9AE1CC899D8E.jpeg
    33AFC3C0-79AE-497C-9138-9AE1CC899D8E.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 356
OK, I’m starting to wonder if maybe it’s the Hornady ammo? I have gone through two Savage 110 tactical‘s in 6.5 PRC that will not group worth a crap with that ammo. I wish I had some Federal.

These are my groups with my Savage Impulse in 65 Creedmoor using federal ammo. Three round groups and the first 20 rounds put through the rifle.
Now that's what I'm talking about!

View attachment 26157
How many other loads have you tried?

I also tried some 140 ELD-M's and they grouped about the same. Everything I read says that the 143's are the most accurate.

I also shoot PRS and I have a very accurate 6mm CM rig that will consistently shoot < 1/4" MOA and so my standards are pretty high. I understand that this is not a PRS setup. But I would expect to consistently meet their .75 guarantee.

It just might need some time to settle in, hopefully, that is the case. If not, then Springfield and I will be having a conversation.

That group with that Savage is what I would expect at this price range. Nice shots! My son has a 110 Ultralite with the Proof Research carbon barrel on it and it shoots groups like that as well. This ammo I am using shoots very good out of his gun.

I also tried some 140 ELD-M's and they grouped about the same. Everything I read says that the 143's are the most accurate.

I also shoot PRS and I have a very accurate 6mm CM rig that will consistently shoot < 1/4" MOA and so my standards are pretty high. I understand that this is not a PRS setup. But I would expect to consistently meet their .75 guarantee.

It just might need some time to settle in, hopefully, that is the case. If not, then Springfield and I will be having a conversation.

That group with that Savage is what I would expect at this price range. Nice shots! My son has a 110 Ultralite with the Proof Research carbon barrel on it and it shoots groups like that as well. This ammo I am using shoots very good out of his gun.

Maybe it doesn’t like that particular load.

As someone who shoots PRS, you should know how some rifles can be particular…

Maybe it doesn’t like that particular load.

As someone who shoots PRS, you should know how some rifles can be particular
Have you had another shooter(s) try?

Similar results ?
If you have not, I’d advise to have one or maybe 2 folks shoot it with you

Run diff ammo ??
I though of that too and will definatly be having a few friends (who I know can shoot) shoot a few groups and see what happens for them.

Not familiar with the WP2020. But if it's a very modern $2000 precision bolt gun. It should be punching clover leaves no problem at 100. Providing the shooter is a good marksmen.

Yes! Savages are Awesome!

All just my opinion! Shoot fun, shoot safe and shoot straight!
Shot first pattern today. 3 at 100 yards. 6.5 PRC. Best group ever.

Attachments

• 064B8145-D890-4933-B5D2-9F18AFFBEF41.jpeg
    064B8145-D890-4933-B5D2-9F18AFFBEF41.jpeg
    554 KB · Views: 161
Back