HayesGreener

Hellcat
Florida

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1689003838817.jpg
    FB_IMG_1689003838817.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 208
20170519_032148.jpg

My security "career" was 15 years of wandering around Colorado Springs at night encountering wild animals and checking locks.

I found this guy curled up next to a chicken coop at a city on farm that I had to check. Apparently the caretaker of the farm fed it live mice. It didn't appear to have any interest in the chickens it just wanted to curl up next to the coop because it was warm. It wasn't the least bit concerned with me standing there

Had a couple cats that were excellent mousers, when I first moved into my previous house I discovered there was a snake nest in the back yard (garter snakes). They didn't bother me and they kind of amused me when one would slither up on the cement patio to sun when my trophy wife was out there, but I digress. Anyhow I started finding dead baby snakes in my downstairs family room that the the cats were obviously getting, but because they were inside cats I couldn't figure how they were getting in the house. There was a shower downstairs that was rarely used and I decided to shower there one day when we had a house full of guests getting ready for a wedding. I was showering and felt something poke the bottom of my foot. Moved my foot and up through the drain slithers a baby snake. That drain was connected to outside drain in the stairwell outside my laundry room. They would come down the stairs and could fit through the holes on the drain cover. Little did they know that their little excursion through the drain pipe was a death sentence.

If it bites, stings, itches, scratches, kills, crawls, slithers, will give you nightmares, or will eat you, we got 'em here in Florida. And it is much worse OUTSIDE the bars.
I spent 4 years in Panama and lordy let me tell you about some of the critters there. Ferdilance Snakes, small, agressive and deadly. Catapillars that if you touched them you would immediately break out in a painful rash similar to shingles. Golden Frogs, about the size of a tree frog that are very poisonous, their venom is what the natives use to make poisoned arrows. Rhino Beetles that were about 3"-4" inches long with a huge rhino tusk sticking out of the top of thier heads that could pierce a boot sole if you stepped on one. Not to mention the biggest Boas, Pythons, and Anacondas I've ever seen, 10 footers are considerered average, 3'-5' Iguanas, Jesus Lizards, Geckos, Caymen Gators, Tarantula Spiders. All manner of monkees and birds (Parrots, Paraketes, Toucans), two and three toed sloths, and other undescribable bugs, lizards, snakes. All the areas in Panama are surrounded by the tropical rain forest. All them critters you see at the local zoo was in the back yard and most of it was poisonous or deadly. You never knew what you would encounter from day to day but I wouldn't give up the experience for anything. I'll give you an example with one of many, many stories. The Captain and I got called to one of our warehouses because all of our Panamanian workers were standing outside the warehouse instead of working. We approached the groups leader and asked what was wrong and he said in broken english that there was a snake in the warehouse. The Captain and I enter the warehouse figuring to chase a 5'-7' smake out so he goes one way and I go the other and saw nothing. Backtracked to the front of the warehouse and here comes the Captain walking rather quickly and white as a ghost. His only words were you need to call the wranglers. They pulled a 20' Anaconda out of the warehouse that weighed in excess of 300lbs. That happened on my 3rd day there.

I spent 4 years in Panama and lordy let me tell you about some of the critters there. Ferdilance Snakes, small, agressive and deadly. Catapillars that if you touched them you would immediately break out in a painful rash similar to shingles. Golden Frogs, about the size of a tree frog that are very poisonous, their venom is what the natives use to make poisoned arrows. Rhino Beetles that were about 3"-4" inches long with a huge rhino tusk sticking out of the top of thier heads that could pierce a boot sole if you stepped on one. Not to mention the biggest Boas, Pythons, and Anacondas I've ever seen, 10 footers are considerered average, 3'-5' Iguanas, Jesus Lizards, Geckos, Caymen Gators, Tarantula Spiders. All manner of monkees and birds (Parrots, Paraketes, Toucans), two and three toed sloths, and other undescribable bugs, lizards, snakes. All the areas in Panama are surrounded by the tropical rain forest. All them critters you see at the local zoo was in the back yard and most of it was poisonous or deadly. You never knew what you would encounter from day to day but I wouldn't give up the experience for anything. I'll give you an example with one of many, many stories. The Captain and I got called to one of our warehouses because all of our Panamanian workers were standing outside the warehouse instead of working. We approached the groups leader and asked what was wrong and he said in broken english that there was a snake in the warehouse. The Captain and I enter the warehouse figuring to chase a 5'-7' smake out so he goes one way and I go the other and saw nothing. Backtracked to the front of the warehouse and here comes the Captain walking rather quickly and white as a ghost. His only words were you need to call the wranglers. They pulled a 20' Anaconda out of the warehouse that weighed in excess of 300lbs. That happened on my 3rd day there.
i got one of them burrowing bugs that laid eggs in my arm in panama...the doc on the ship tossed his cookie when i went to sick call to see why the skin was rupturing and WHAT THE HECK is in my arm..
took nearly a year to heal. not to mention the toxic meds to kill the wormy things
never ever lay in the grass in panama, no matter how cool it looks or how well manicured

I think Bob has hit on something. The cats are going to get the slow and unaware ones. If everyone was afraid to go out at night because of these cats wandering around there would be less crime. Violent people would stay home and get drunk and kill one another in their houses instead of prowling around bothering the rest of us. But the downside with people trapped in their houses all the time is the birth rate would go up. We're just going to need a lot more big cats.

I think Bob has hit on something. The cats are going to get the slow and unaware ones. If everyone was afraid to go out at night because of these cats wandering around there would be less crime. Violent people would stay home and get drunk and kill one another in their houses instead of prowling around bothering the rest of us. But the downside with people trapped in their houses all the time is the birth rate would go up. We're just going to need a lot more big cats.
And pissed off elephants. The world needs a lot more of those.

Back